Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Atlanta Braves offseason thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547080)

jtown1010 11-15-2007 11:23 PM

Re: **Atlanta Braves offseason thread

How big could his salary get with arbitration? I think at 10-12 Million with him playing for a contract could be great value or a huge bust. I thought this year he would have put up some big numbers, at least I was hopefull after his last couple years.

I guess offering arbitration is going to be high variance, at least the Braves draft well so if he bolts there is some decent expectation for the compensation.

edit*

Mike Gonzalez is supposed to be out untill around mid-season. I think he can be a great contributor to the bullpen if he can get healthy. Soriano, Moylan, and Gonzalez is pretty solid, hopefully one of the younger guys can step up in his absense.

Jack of Arcades 11-15-2007 11:43 PM

Andruw Jones isn't even a Type A FA.

RacersEdge 11-15-2007 11:48 PM

I wouldn't mind going to arb with Andruw. Can't see him getting much after the year he had. I'd probably offer 10 million and take my chances.

rja87 11-15-2007 11:52 PM

He's still worth more than 10mil, he had a terrible year, but that terrible year still consisted of 26 HRs and 94 rbis...not bad for an awful season. Plus he is still very good defensively, I think they will be lucky to get another year of him this cheap because he should definitely be better next year.

rwperu34 11-16-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How big could his salary get with arbitration?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd guess $15-$17MM via arbitration.

[ QUOTE ]
Andruw Jones isn't even a Type A FA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't type B still get a supplemental pick after the first round. If so, that's pick #31-45ish and still has good value.

Borgland 11-16-2007 12:59 AM

If they were going to arbitrate I think they already would have, so Andruw is not coming back. And dont teams like the Braves usually avoid arbitration since the player usually wins? I could be wrong but it seems that's what happens.

Borgland 11-17-2007 01:16 AM

The Braves may just have traded for Druw's replacement.

So the batting order could be:

1.Anderson
2.Escobar
3.Jones
4.Tex
5.McCann
6.Francouer
7.Diaz
8.Johnson

rwperu34 11-17-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Braves may just have traded for Druw's replacement.

So the batting order could be:

1.Anderson
2.Escobar
3.Jones
4.Tex
5.McCann
6.Francouer
7.Diaz
8.Johnson

[/ QUOTE ]

They already have an in house option (Blanco) that is basically the same player as Anderson. This looks like more of a move to get rid of the $1.5MM or so they'd have to pay Villareal via arbitration.

Vyse 11-17-2007 11:10 AM

Wow, fans of teams are so uninformed it's sad. lmao @ Anderson being Andruw's replacement.lmao @ selfish Chipper. lmao @ a lot of things.

If Jones accepts arbitration, Braves look like the favorite in the NL East, and prolly the National League as a whole. gogogo

Benholio 11-17-2007 11:21 AM

Hey, look everybody! Vyse came into a thread and called everyone stupid.

STFU