Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO Coaching (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526846)

Ansky 10-19-2007 08:52 PM

PLO Coaching

Hi all,

I am really interested in getting premium PLO coaching (not just random guys who can beat 1/2 plo please), especially anyone who can beat 10/20 plo and up in the current FTP/Stars games.

I play almost exclusively NL cash, mostly 6m and HU, and have tried dabbling in PLO as I hardly ever get action in NL and if I do it's from better players. Basically, it has come to my attention that I am terrible at PLO, and I really want to be able to add PLO games to my sessions.

If there is a listing of PLO coaches, or if any are interested please contact me. I would be willing to trade NL/ MTT coaching.

Troll_Inc 10-19-2007 10:07 PM

Re: PLO Coaching

Why would someone at the 10/20 games teach you how to beat their games? (Hi, I have a old beat up 1987 Toyota Celica I'd like to trade for your 2006 Lexus.)

BTW, I'd recommend RoundTower.

Praetor 10-19-2007 11:29 PM

because he will pay them

Troll_Inc 10-19-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because he will pay them

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL that you can't read.

Ansky 10-20-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because he will pay them to beat his games

[/ QUOTE ]

(or in money, lots of it)

DLizzle 10-20-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
especially anyone who can beat 10/20 plo and up in the current FTP/Stars games.

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point there aren't very many people qualified to do this, and you already know a good percentage of the people who can. Personally I think I could but I couldn't back it up with sufficient results from those sites. Also I would be a terrible coach. cts would prob be your best bet I think.

I have no idea what Troll's analogy means though.

chucky 10-20-2007 12:25 AM

Troll's point is that offering a PLO player tips on how to beat 10/20 NLHE or MTTs in return for coaching on beating PLO 10/20 is a very unequal trade. Considering all the available resources it should be easier for a PLO player to transition successfully to NLHE than vice versa. Therefore PLO coaching should be more valuable.

Personally, I find troll's analogy a bit off. I prefer to see it as trading a 1000 square ft apt on 5th avenue in manhattan (PLO knowledge) for a 1,500 square ft house in queens (NLHE). Sure the house in queens is nice and you have space, but the apartment on 5th avenue is prime real estate.

SteveL91 10-20-2007 02:20 AM

I think there's one or two coaches listed on the MSNL coaching list that offer PLO. You might want to send an inquiry to 3-bet.net. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I know some of their coaches also play PLO at the stakes you're looking for.

From personal experience, I can also recommend RoundTower. He plays the stakes you do, and is very good at explaining his thoughts on a hand. I've sent him a couple hands/situations that gave me trouble and his responses have always been incredibly thorough. And what I like the most is his willingness to actually say when he doesn't know, or isn't sure about something.

Parlay Slow 10-20-2007 07:22 AM

I haven't play 10/20 and higher online, but I think I would be a good PLO coach.

pete fabrizio 10-20-2007 07:25 AM

Honestly I think the only person who posts here that I would trust to coach is Roundtower.