Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Flopped Boat at Commerce (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483241)

pjcmt 08-21-2007 07:09 PM

Flopped Boat at Commerce

9-18 commerce. Averages 5-6 players per flop. 1/3 TAGs, 2 maniacs and the rest just average semi-tight semi-aggressive. Hero is winning in the session and perceived as a TAG.

Hero has TT in the SB. 6-7 limpers. Hero raises and everyone calls. Flop is QQT rainbow. Hero...?

KitCloudkicker 08-21-2007 07:10 PM

Re: Flopped Boat at Commerce

bet and its not even close.

what you do next depends on what happens after you bet.

jesse8888 08-21-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet and its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

fishyak 08-21-2007 07:53 PM

Is this table so nuts that it does not matter that you raised PF? If so, bombs away.

Some tables do take a deep breath with flops like this one and people quickly fold to bets on the flop on boards like these. If you have seen this shutdown of action at your table particularly to paired flops, check. Then, oddly, they will seem to let you go nuts on the turn and river at twice the price.

Unless I've seen this folding behavior, I would bet and pray to get raised on the turn.

bravos1 08-21-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this table so nuts that it does not matter that you raised PF? If so, bombs away.

Some tables do take a deep breath with flops like this one and people quickly fold to bets on the flop on boards like these. If you have seen this shutdown of action at your table particularly to paired flops, check. Then, oddly, they will seem to let you go nuts on the turn and river at twice the price.

Unless I've seen this folding behavior, I would bet and pray to get raised on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking screams you have a monster (TT/AQ/QQ).

OP, bet.. and it is not even close.

Frond 08-21-2007 08:24 PM

Yea bet so can get some callers and or a raiser so you can 3 bet em for sure. What if it gets checked around? That would kinda suck with 6-7 limpers. Also with that flop you are going to get some callers chasing down a str8 draw or someone who paired etc.

mikeca 08-21-2007 09:46 PM

Why wouldn’t you bet? You do not even have the nuts on the flop. If somebody has a Qx, do you want to give them a free flop to draw out on you?

If you regularly c-bet when you have raised pre-flop, they will not be sure you have a Q or are just c-betting the flop.

iceit 08-21-2007 09:58 PM

bet and hope to get raised by one of the donks

Frond 08-21-2007 10:43 PM

Your likely to get several callers(and perhaps a raiser) since they have already invested 2 SBs into the pot PF as well.

Frond 08-21-2007 11:07 PM

One other thing OP, a lot of players won't believe you when you bet out on made big hands like this cause they wouldn't play the hand that way. They would wrongly slow play this in a family plot and miss bets. Don't think like them cause they won't play the hand like you would(or should) play it. I know cause I learned that in playing live and more so here on the forum with flopped flushes and str8s etc that i got flamed for slowplaying.

Poker Field of Dreams: If you bet them and they will come. Occasionally they won't but more often than not you'll get plenty of action. I think Miller said something along the lines of that betting is the best way to encourage action and I heartily agree here.