Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL: KTo River Value Bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551018)

Snafu'd 11-20-2007 11:02 PM

50NL: KTo River Value Bet

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $108.50
MP: $43.75
CO: $17.65
BTN: $18 <font color="blue">28/12/1 </font>
Hero (SB): $62.95
BB: $17.05

CO posts $0.25
CO posts $0.50
Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, CO checks, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($2) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, CO calls $2, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($8) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $5.50

River: ($19) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10 (rest of villain's stack)</font>,

MAA 11-20-2007 11:41 PM

Re: 50NL: KTo River Value Bet

Preflop I would probably raise there as there is alot of dead money from the CO post and BU limping is probably weak.

I don't like the river bet there the board his really terrible and I don't think you are getting paid often by worse than your hand there. All the draw got there and vilain could have higher two pairs. I would probably c/f river given that vilain will not bluff often there given his small AF.

billip62 11-20-2007 11:48 PM

preflop is good, flop is good, but I'd bet closer to pot on the turn. Say $7 on the turn. you're almost giving the villians odds to draw out with a $5 bet and given the drawy nautre of the board you really need to protect you're hand. Even a shove on the turn wouldn't be bad.

toddxlogan 11-21-2007 12:18 AM

Don't like it.

Villain can't really call with a worse hand here - the board is heinously scary. Flush came in and a 1card straight that looks to be HUGE in his range came in.

Villains stats? He'd have to be an absolute and total drooler for me to consider this.

Snafu'd 11-21-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like it.

Villain can't really call with a worse hand here - the board is heinously scary. Flush came in and a 1card straight that looks to be HUGE in his range came in.
So you c/f the river?

Villains stats? He'd have to be an absolute and total drooler for me to consider this.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you c/f the river?

Snafu'd 11-21-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is good, flop is good, but I'd bet closer to pot on the turn. Say $7 on the turn. you're almost giving the villians odds to draw out with a $5 bet and given the drawy nautre of the board you really need to protect you're hand. Even a shove on the turn wouldn't be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point on the turn bet size.

Peter Harris 11-21-2007 12:53 AM

make the turn bet larger and you also make the river slightly easier to play.

AZplaya 11-21-2007 02:57 AM

I know check folding feels gross but I think it's better than putting him in. Only worse hand that calls river is maybe J10 if he's really bad.

Peter Harris 11-21-2007 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know check folding feels gross but I think it's better than putting him in. Only worse hand that calls river is maybe J10 if he's really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

AZ, you're pretty decent at NL50, what would you do on the turn? Because once you're betting a bit more on the turn it becomes easier to put him in on the river simply because of pot vs stack size.

Given how it's played here i agree with folding rather than committing, but if it's played differently on the turn (and maybe the flop) then the river action is different imo.