Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Games You've Spent the Most HOURS On (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283948)

toss 12-15-2006 08:49 AM

Games You\'ve Spent the Most HOURS On

I've played easily over 1000 hours for The New Tetris on the N64. Probably something crazy like 2000 hours.

I've spent at least 2000 hours on Starcraft. I would come home from highschool and play 6-7 hours straight. 13-14 hours on the weekend. Too bad I played only 3v3BGH for the first 3 years.

I've spent about 1500 hours on CounterStrike. I swear the game is like crack. I played on 56k running at a smooth 10 FPS for 2 years. I still play a few hours every weak.

About 500 hours on Marvel Versus Capcom 2. I bought Dreamcast for that game alone. My god I loved the Dreamcast. Best system ever next to Wii.

Super Mario 64 100+ hours. When I got the N64 and played this game I thought "This is the best thing that ever happened to me and will happen to me in my entire life." I remember playing, vomitting, then back to playing without stopping to wipe the digested eggs off my chin. (I suffer from Simulation Sickness a little.)

Hundreds of hours into GoldenEye. I remember everyone arguing about who could kill who and crazy weekend competitions. The memories.

50 hours into Banjo Kazooie. Those were the freakin golden days. Rare + N64 = nirvana.

Hundreds of hours into DDR. I stopped and I'm severely out of shape.

Countless RPGs averaging about 35 hours a piece.

Many more hours on all the Zelda games.

Can't forget about Smash Bros. That game is probably the game that made me yell the most in my life.

A bunch others I'm forgetting.

Huskiez 12-15-2006 09:02 AM

Re: Games You\'ve Spent the Most HOURS On

Starcraft, Perfect Dark, and the All Star Baseball games.

Smash Brawl might contend especially with the online capability. Can't wait for it.

Suigin406 12-15-2006 09:08 AM

starcraft, perfect dark...so much time spent on these two...

toss 12-15-2006 09:26 AM

Give us some hours people! Estimate!

Vavavoom 12-15-2006 09:50 AM

I probably have spent 3000hrs playing Championship Manager on the PC ? UK Football Manager game...

However, i dread tho think how long I have spent playing poker...

Vava

econophile 12-15-2006 10:38 AM

goldeneye has to be the most for me. spent way to much time playing it in college.

JuntMonkey 12-15-2006 10:40 AM

Dude I think you must be way overestimating your hours, especially for single player games. Banjo-Kazooie took me like 24 hours to get every last thing - was your officially recorded time over 50? Mario 64 couldn't have been much longer, 40 TOPS.

Mine suck in comparison, although we should definitely make distinctions between single and multi-player...mine are all single.

NBA Live '95 ~130 hours - I played a full season of this with full-length games with the Knicks back 10 years ago, and had several "false starts" I think where I would start the season over or just play exhibition games. So 82 games at around an hour each plus overtimes plus playoffs plus all the other times I played randomly.

I can still remember many specific games, such as when John Starks scored 96 points in a game that we lost, or when Hakeem Olajuwon (I made trades but before the trading deadline got the original Knicks back) hit a baseline jumper for the win with seconds remaining. I was up 3-1 on the Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals and lost 3 straight games.

It's so boring and monotonous to play a full-length season like that, and yet so fulfilling and scary in that your entire 100 hours of playing could all be for naught depending upon what happens with your 3-pointer at the buzzer of Game 7.

NBA Live '96 ~105 hours. Same deal. Went 80-2 and then swept the playoffs. Derek Harper led the league in scoring.

NBA Live '97 ~110 hours. Best overall record in the league and only lost one playoff game, to Jordan's Bulls.

I still want to get through '98...I actually started doing it last year, but after going 16-0 and losing a devastating game to Detroit at the buzzer I stopped playing.

Xenogears ~85 hours.

Final Fantasy I on the NES ~100 hours. I did a ton of leveling up and gold collecting in this, more than was necessary. I beat the game but then still wanted to max out my characters, so I probably played it an extra 20-25 hours just walking around the final dungeon fighting random battles. I then re-beat the final boss in 2 hits.

DVaut1 12-15-2006 11:05 AM

NCAA Football series -- I've poured so many hours into that. The time I've put into Sim City 2000/3000/4 might be close, though. I'm sure I've spent alot of time on Zelda games as well, but not nearly as much as NCAA FB and Sim City.

TylerD 12-15-2006 11:16 AM

I rarely played video since leaving University in 2003 (even then I didn't play much). That was until Civilization IV took over my life. No idea how many hours in total, but 8 hour sessions were not uncommon. The most I can do with poker is about an hour and a half [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

The Wii is bringing a new lease of life to my gaming though.

bobbyi 12-15-2006 11:20 AM

~300 hours apiece at Soul Calibur and Smash Bros.: Melee. Maybe 250 at the original Game Boy Tetris.