Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Appetizers that don't show up before your food (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542312)

neuroman 11-09-2007 05:02 PM

Appetizers that don\'t show up before your food

Situation 1:

You are at a steakhouse for dinner with a friend. You each order a wedge salad. After about a 20 minute wait, the salads are brought out simultaneously with your hot, freshly cooked steak.

Situation 2:

You are eating lunch at a Japanese restaurant with a date who you've been out with several times before. You and your date order sushi, miso soup, and steamed dumplings, which are listed as an appetizer. The miso soup arrives shortly after ordering. About 20 minutes later, the sushi arrives. A couple minutes after that, the steamed dumplings arrive.

Situation 3:

You are at a middle eastern cafe by yourself. You go up to the counter and order baba ganoush and pita as an appetizer, and a chicken shwarma. After sitting at your table for fifteen minutes, the baba ganoush and shwarma arrive together.

What do you do?

mbillie1 11-09-2007 05:04 PM

Re: Appetizers that don\'t show up before your food

eat my food, because I'd probably be hungry.

oh wait, this is OOT, I forgot... let me revise:

I'd probably freak the [censored] out, take all the money the waiter had on him, call the manager and muff-punt him to the back of the restaurant and then take a dump in the corporate offices because my food came in the wrong order.

Dan. 11-09-2007 05:05 PM

Eat the food.

The Owl 11-09-2007 05:06 PM

1: Waiter, I don't want these salads anymore, take them back and don't charge me for them.

2: No problem.

3: No problem.

RoundGuy 11-09-2007 05:07 PM

I don't order my meal until my drinks arrive and I know my appetizer order has been placed. Never fails.

O Fen�meno 11-09-2007 05:07 PM

i would look at all of these terts and be happy

[b]don't flood my forum with untagged NSFW spam, noobs. -NT

bobman0330 11-09-2007 05:08 PM

If you want to eat the food, eat it and don't tip well. If you don't, send it back, don't pay for it, and don't tip well.

Unless it wasn't clear that you wanted the item as an appetizer. Then I'd probably either send it back or not, as I pleased, but would still tip OK.

EDIT: In scenario 2, I guess you should suck it up and let it go unless your date wants to make a big deal out of it.

z28dreams 11-09-2007 05:09 PM

Only #1 really bothers me, because you've gotta eat that steak while it's still warm.

MC Chris 11-09-2007 05:11 PM

yeah #1 is the only real bad one. asian places usually just serve whatever is ready first, and that i dig.

CommanderCorm 11-09-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only #1 really bothers me, because you've gotta eat that steak while it's still warm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just eat the salad after the steak then?