Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Neteller Alternatives Info (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308396)

Wht_Rbt 01-17-2007 07:41 PM

Neteller Alternatives Info

I think there are a ton of people right now wondering which neteller alternative to use, what each one is like, which is best, etc. I do not have any experience outside of neteller, however I think it would be very helpful if we could compile a list of the alternatives, and if you've had any experience with any of them such as click2pay, epassporte, etc. to please post a review, your experiences, or anything you know about them.

DoGMaTiCMD 01-17-2007 07:43 PM

Re: Neteller Alternatives Info

would be greatly appreciated.

ekdikeo 01-17-2007 07:49 PM

ePassPorte I've only seen used at Absolute (but I haven't explored every poker site there is) .. technically it could be used for anything, as it does provide a "Virtual VISA" number, that can be used for any regular credit card purchase, however it is subject to the standard U.S. gambling block on VISA transactions [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ASD99 01-17-2007 07:50 PM

I have only used Neteller and the check method. IMO Neteller is far superior to having a check sent home, but if neteller can't be used anymore this is always an option.

pros-you get your check for free without any hassle from the site or banks(as of last week).

cons-usually takes 2-3 weeks to receive the check(unless you pay extra for overnight delivery).

I must add that i have only withdrew money using the check method.

DoGMaTiCMD 01-17-2007 07:56 PM

Im about to make my first deposit. Recommendations?

Edit : Also which poker site should I invest in?

2461Badugi 01-17-2007 08:44 PM

Might want to wait a week or two and see if any of them are still open to US players first. Why put a lot of effort into setting up new accounts that could be closed immediately?

DoGMaTiCMD 01-17-2007 08:46 PM

okay given the (very) recent news.. this thread becomes more and more important.

raisebot 01-17-2007 08:47 PM

I've used ePassporte in the past, and although their fees are high, I never had any problems with them (used them at least 2-3 years). You can deposit from a credit card to fund your epassporte account, and apparently you can also use an EFT to fund your account as well, however, unlike neteller instacash, if you use an EFT, you must wait for the funds to clear before they appear in your account.
One issue (problem?) with epassporte is if you choose to make a withdrawal, there is no option to receive a check. It's either an EFT withdrawal straight into your bank account, or use an epassporte card at an ATM (just like the neteller card). However, epassporte charges extra for EVERYTHING- you have to pay for the epassporte card, you have to pay to get higher deposit/withdrawal limits, etc.

Their excessive fees are what caused me to stop using them, but like I said, I always felt safe with my money at epassporte, they never once refused a withdrawal or gave me any issues with deposits.

I've used instadebit once before on stars, and didn't have any problems with them either.

On bodog, I've used their instant check method a few times to deposit, without issues.

And back when party was still servicing the US, I remember paying with a credit card to buy phone cards or phone card numbers or something like that, then the money gets transferred from the phone card to your party account. Another painless experience.

Hope this helps..

LeapFrog 01-17-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Might want to wait a week or two and see if any of them are still open to US players first. Why put a lot of effort into setting up new accounts that could be closed immediately?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop bet that Stars, FT, BoDog, UB, AB are still here in 2 weeks? Anyone? Sportsbetting != Online Poker...

2461Badugi 01-17-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop bet that Stars, FT, BoDog, UB, AB are still here in 2 weeks? Anyone? Sportsbetting != Online Poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean ewallets. We're bound to lose a lot of them in the next 48 hours, and maybe into next week.

Direct-to-provider EFTs should still work until the regulations come out. I suggest using them for the time being rather than investing time and trust in a small ewallet.