Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How to handle your "SO" (IE: wife)... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345839)

Holdfast 03-03-2007 02:00 PM

How to handle your \"SO\" (IE: wife)...

Strange. My wife will play the super lotto and play a Filipino (I'm white) "gambling" card game with family for quarters. Yet, when I spend five hours winning a FREEROLL to get into a $150K tournament (starts today), she says that I am GAMBLING and she doesn't approve of poker! I explain that I spent no money and it takes a little skill to get past a few hundred players and that I have a chance to make up to $35K (or so) for free. She doesn't seem to get it. HELP please.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

iceman5 03-03-2007 03:28 PM

Re: How to handle your \"SO\" (IE: wife)...

Tell her you dont approve of the lottery

DeuceSeven 03-03-2007 03:55 PM

Marry someone smarter.

GoAheadRiverMe 03-03-2007 04:08 PM

bitchslap

KinkyKid 03-03-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Strange. My wife will play the super lotto and play a Filipino (I'm white) "gambling" card game with family for quarters. Yet, when I spend five hours winning a FREEROLL to get into a $150K tournament (starts today), she says that I am GAMBLING and she doesn't approve of poker! I explain that I spent no money and it takes a little skill to get past a few hundred players and that I have a chance to make up to $35K (or so) for free. She doesn't seem to get it. HELP please.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure she's more upset at you sitting around for 5 hours wading through a huge pool of players that play freerolls. Only to find out you won entry into another tournament and haven't really won anything yet. She sees it as waste of time. So just ignore her.

Holdfast 03-03-2007 05:28 PM

Ah. I think you may have a point. I guess I have to just win the big one to get her to stop complaining or quit. lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BigBuffet 03-03-2007 05:34 PM

Give her parents 10% of your winnings so they can buy a new hut [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Stake Monster 03-03-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give her parents 10% of your winnings so they can buy a new hut [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. so wrong.

My wife was a bit iffy about poker, until I made her play and now she is also addicted. Score.

Johnny Drama 03-03-2007 08:07 PM

mail her back.

Lee_C 03-04-2007 07:54 AM

Get her involved in poker. She would not have to sit alone for 5 hours if she was also in the FreeRoll with you. It is Free remember. Once she can do well for "Free" and you feel she can play...let her venture out into the sea. Just make sure she knows about the sharks..

My wife doesn't complain about my poker because I cut her a % of the profits as payment for her watching the kids (even thought they are asleep) and holding down the fort.

Good luck...