Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   $30 lol check min raise a ments (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488548)

bozzer 08-28-2007 07:38 PM

$30 lol check min raise a ments

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.30 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $60.25
BB: $25.15
UTG: $78.25
MP: $39.00
Hero (CO): $38.00
BTN: $31.95

Reads: <font color="blue">40/2/4 ish at the time (~40 hands in). no previous interaction. i can't remember my image being anything exceptional.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.05, BB folds

Flop: ($2.70) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.95</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.00</font>

Against an aggressive player, I think the commitment decision comes here, because a) he is betting the turn nearly all the time and b) 10% of our starting stack will have gone in if we call meaning we will have crossed the commitment threshold according to PNL.

you might not agree with that; reasons please if not. in any case, plan my hand.

shark_fishin 08-28-2007 07:45 PM

Re: $30 lol check min raise a ments

hmm, kind of h8 this spot. i dont know why he would want to call OOP with K10, and i think 1010 should really 3bet pre-flop. only hand your worried about is 33, but why would he show so much strengh on a really dry board :S

tbh i would call and crai a non 9 turn.

BevillTheDevil 08-28-2007 08:05 PM

im pretty sure im raising here and gettin AI, K3 im not given a whole lot of credit to so that leaves 33, TT and KT. Since villian is aggro i could see him takin this line w/ Kx hands and QJ. I think its an pretty standard raise here esp if you think villian calls w/ those Kx hands and QJ. I think villian will get AI here on the flop w/ KT+, TT, 33 and against this range when are a fav (tbh this probably isnt his AI range on flop just what i think there is no way he is foldin range). When we add in other crap we are even a bigger fav. I look to get AI here and feel pretty happy about it. Against a more passive guy i probalby call and reval tho.

EDIT: add K3s to his pf callin range and that gives us a coin flip on flop (but like i said i dont give much credit to K3)

bozzer 08-29-2007 03:11 AM

so will we be ahead if we get ai at some point?

bozzer 08-29-2007 03:47 PM

meh i'm bumping this because this is a common and very tough spot IMO.

traz 08-29-2007 03:54 PM

call, try get it in on the turn

AZplaya 08-29-2007 04:20 PM

call, and hope he leads the turn so you can shove. I think I like that line better than 4 betting ai. These players are so bad I don't think you can get away from TPTK here.

Lego05 08-29-2007 04:22 PM

I'd call. Let him keep his range wider and fire again on turn.

bozzer 08-29-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call, and hope he leads the turn so you can shove. I think I like that line better than 4 betting ai. These players are so bad I don't think you can get away from TPTK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been thinking about this line a lot recently. I think the standard line if you decide to commit here on a dry board is just to call down letting him vb/bluff worse hands, right? I've been wondering if shoving the turn in these situations doesn't give up much equity and has a lot of meta/balancing advantages.

here's a couple of hands where i do this:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.30 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $29.70
BB: $40.15
UTG: $74.75
MP: $19.30
CO: $130.40
Hero (BTN): $31.55

Reads: <font color="blue">41/32/1.8 after about 30 hands.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.05</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.05, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($4.20) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00, 2 folds

Turn: ($10.20) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $27.50</font>

the second one was live, 100bbish eff stacks.

1 limper, I raise to 5bb with AA, called in the BB by a professional online player who was semi-solid but unspectacular (he called way too much in the blinds though). the limper called too.

flop: K 8 2 rainbow. checked to me, and I cbet. The BB minraises. I call, planning to shove over a turn bet (i probably have about 3/4 of my stack in the pot after i call).

How far are these lines away from the standard call down line in terms of EV?

AZplaya 08-29-2007 04:50 PM

bozzer,
I think the op and the live hand are good spots for this, but I think in the KQo hand you essentially turn a marginal hand with some show - down value into a bluff. In hands 1 and the live hand, I'm very happy to get it in. In the KQo hand I'm just trying to get a cheap show down, and if I can't, I'm folding.