Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Where are they now: Mafews (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521359)

GoldenIP 10-12-2007 07:15 AM

Where are they now: Mafews

For those of you that aren't that familiar with Mafews, he's actually one of the biggest winners ever online. He's really well-known in the UK and Euro circles of online poker and increasingly live tournies.

I'm asking because (a) well, I'm just a fan and he's good to watch and (b) I don't really keep an eye on the euro sites like Betfair, Ladbrokes, Prima (he goes by Promotion on this network), or InterPoker anymore although I'm from the UK myself.

He rarely frequents the US sites like Full Tilt but when he has, he's done extremely well. Some of you may remember a thread where he'd amassed over $400k playing Phil Ivey (amongst others) at PLO 200/400.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has seen him about playing? His site (which I won't name as I know that's not allowed) seems to be on a hiatus but it was wicked good when it was in operation. I think on one of the videos they had on the site whilst they were at some poker tourney after party, EM2 and G2CU were hanging out with him and some of his mates...you guys keep in touch?

Anyone got any updates on Mafews?

dying2win 10-12-2007 07:17 AM

Re: Where are they now: Mafews

i remember him,he was good

GoldenIP 10-12-2007 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i remember him,he was good

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Real good. I remember when he used to "occasionally" play on Stars (and it really was occasionally), he used to destroy the games there. Anyways, hoping some more people can chime in...Jimm?

luckyjimm 10-12-2007 07:40 AM

I've seen him on Full Tilt in the last two, three months. More normally on $100/$200 PLO.

GoldenIP 10-12-2007 08:10 AM

From what I remember, I think his main site was Littlewoods (Crypto). At least that's where I've seen him the most but again, this was months ago...

Any Euros seem him around the Euro sites?

burns-1986 10-12-2007 08:21 AM

mafews

davmcg 10-12-2007 08:35 AM

He did play in the PLO WSOPE, but I haven't seen him on crypto, ladbrokes or party since WSOP time. I can only imagine that his first visit to Vegas and over-exposure to the degenerates that inhabit that city was simply too much for a simple lad from Edinburgh.

Christophers 10-12-2007 10:04 AM

He was on Party a month or two ago.

Ansky 10-12-2007 10:52 AM

I think I met him in Monte Carlo, tall lanky british dude?

GoldenIP 10-12-2007 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I met him in Monte Carlo, tall lanky british dude?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Sounds like him. Would have had a Scottish accent if you're familiar with the different accents in and around the UK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]