Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AJ Feeley (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556078)

tyler_cracker 11-28-2007 12:39 AM

AJ Feeley

live game has loosened up, though a raise still clears the field pretty effectively. i have been raising kind of a lot preflop.

utg is the guy from my other hand: i've seen him donk into a field of 5 with second pair. i've seen him bluff and semibluff. he's stuck and seems a little grumpy.

anyway, he limps. i raise non-black AJ (aka AJ Feeley. or something.) everyone else folds (lol). utg calls.

*FLOP* is QJ2r
villain donks, hero raises

standard?

vixticator 11-28-2007 12:45 AM

Re: AJ Feeley

I think he has Kevin Kolb, KK.

/worthless

edit: Standard. Lead turn probably fold to c/r.

tyler_cracker 11-28-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he has Kevin Kolb, KK.

/worthless

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

bozlax 11-28-2007 01:00 AM

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

100% std.

00Snitch 11-28-2007 01:08 AM

I don't get it? Why would you raise when he will:

[ QUOTE ]

... donk into a field of 5 with second pair. i've seen him bluff and semibluff

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had players behind you I would be more inclined to raise.

Also, he will steam even more when you call down his bluff. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

bellatrix 11-28-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, he will steam even more when you call down his bluff. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

While it is a profitable enterprise to get somebody to tilt/steam, I would rather extract most value out of one hand. Tyler's play is very standard in extracting value (which is why I didn't want to reply originally). Knowing how to push someone's tilt-button is not always the same and not standard. So I would rather do the logical thing.

V4P 11-28-2007 01:55 AM

If it was mway I wouldn't mind a raise to push out gutters or whatever, but since its HU, I'd much rather call, call, call UI and let him hang himself.

Xylocain 11-28-2007 02:05 AM

I think I prefer raising to calling, because I dont like people donking me. But I dont think I'll make it to showdown if I'm shown agression.

Probably bet turn and check river?

00Snitch 11-28-2007 02:09 AM

The [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] at the end of that post meant I wasn't really being serious about that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

However, it was a genuine enquirey(i cant spell [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]) into why we raise instead of call down.

We know (at least I think taht's what your read is saying) he will keep betting, even with a worse hand, why would we want to give him an excuse not to, and possibly fold a worse hand.

knockonwood 11-28-2007 02:18 AM

I think the raising the flop, leading the turn, checking behind the river line and calling down are both ok.