Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   QQ OOP against big stack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536041)

Spidar 11-01-2007 10:34 AM

QQ OOP against big stack

B&M $250 buy in, 3k to start, 3rd lvl- 25/50. 10 handed. Numbers approx.

Hero- 4k
Villian- 8.5k
Average- 3.5k

New to table. I've seen 2 orbits and found the play to be somewhat weak/passive.
I had seen Villian call a p/f raise oop with J9, turn 2 pair and then check/call it down. Based on his stack, the table and the early level, I speculate that he may be playing a lot of draws, hitting and getting paid.

Hand:

Utg: limps for 50t
Villian(UTG+1): calls
MP-1: calls
MP-2: calls
4 folds
Hero(SB): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] : raises to 350t (more?)
BB: folds
UTG: folds
Villian: calls
2 folds.

Pot is 900t

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero leads for 700t. (if you hate it, pls say why.)
Viilian calls.

Pot is 2300t

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero?

Dawg24 11-01-2007 10:42 AM

Re: QQ OOP against big stack

I like the amounts...I think check call is the correct play here but I would raise based on your description. I would assume he raises with a set and folds a weak ace....

getballed 11-01-2007 11:04 AM

How quick did he call you PF?

I like a C/C here, possibly c/f depending on his bet size. AXs is deff in his limp/call range

Spidar 11-01-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How quick did he call you PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

He called p/f raise pretty quick.
He called flop bet after about 10 seconds.

dmk 11-01-2007 11:43 AM

c/f

weak/passive players aren't betting anything you beat

gibler321 11-01-2007 06:46 PM

i think your bet pf was a fine amount, i think flop play is normal. i check turn here, odds are he will check too given the way you said he has played. prob call a turn bet when reevaluate on river

Spidar 11-01-2007 09:25 PM

His smooth call of the flop bet coupled with my assumption that he was playing alot of draws and playing 'em weak led to a flush draw read. I also felt that if I was wrong, I could represent a big Ace and cause him to fold. I shoved the turn. Did I have the FE to do so or was it an unreasonable gamble? If you feel the latter please explain why. Thanks.

ArturiusX 11-02-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His smooth call of the flop bet coupled with my assumption that he was playing alot of draws and playing 'em weak led to a flush draw read. I also felt that if I was wrong, I could represent a big Ace and cause him to fold. I shoved the turn. Did I have the FE to do so or was it an unreasonable gamble? If you feel the latter please explain why. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know he's on a flush draw, why not check and allow him to never play you correctly?

MauriceSch 11-02-2007 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you know he's on a flush draw, why not check and allow him to never play you correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the pot is pretty big and giving a freecard now would be gross. He is weak/tight, so he will like never bluff the turn with his FD, so betting is better.

Copernicus 11-02-2007 11:44 AM

Why gamble here, you need to hammer him when you have the nuts. A station with a weak ace is rarely folding.