Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   SSHE or Winning Low Limit (Lee Jones)? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537340)

ASaysFull 11-03-2007 01:56 AM

SSHE or Winning Low Limit (Lee Jones)?

Which is better to read first and why? Or is one or the other not even worth a read? After reading these should I be able to beat .02/.04 at PS...in your expert opinion?

Smurph64 11-03-2007 01:59 AM

Re: SSHE or Winning Low Limit (Lee Jones)?

Lee first is always my suggestion. Much cleaner and simpler. Ed Miller's getting started in holdem is numero 2 and then SSHE.

All three are out of date, the game is much different and will continue to change, but if you understand the key concepts presented in these books, namely play well preflop, bet for value, count outs before calling and don't bluff, you should do well.

Aaron W. 11-03-2007 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which is better to read first and why? Or is one or the other not even worth a read? After reading these should I be able to beat .02/.04 at PS...in your expert opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

WLLH is a good book if you are clueless about hold'em. If you're worried about beating .02/.04, then you should read WLLH.

bellatrix 11-03-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee first is always my suggestion. Much cleaner and simpler. Ed Miller's getting started in holdem is numero 2 and then SSHE.

All three are out of date, the game is much different and will continue to change, but if you understand the key concepts presented in these books, namely play well preflop, bet for value, count outs before calling and don't bluff, you should do well.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

QueBob 11-03-2007 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Lee Jones, play 1000 hands, read Lee again, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000, hands, read Lee Jones, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000 hands, read Lee Jones...get the picture?

ASaysFull 11-03-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Lee Jones, play 1000 hands, read Lee again, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000, hands, read Lee Jones, play 1000 hands, read SSHE, play 1000 hands, read Lee Jones...get the picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a great response. Somewhere in there someone better put on another pot of coffee.

QueBob 11-03-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a great response. Somewhere in there someone better put on another pot of coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ya long grinding nights. Play Friday nights fersure. Lee Jones will stop the spewing quickly, SSHE will take you on the attack, "you must attack"...then you WILL win! Good luck, keep us posted, we're with ya!

Xhad 11-03-2007 04:08 AM

IMO it's GSIH, then get your feet wet, then SSH and reading this forum. GSIH is good for a beginner's book, WLLH is a bad book that people try to excuse by calling it a beginner's book.

OziBattler 11-03-2007 08:41 AM

wLLH is a fine bread and butter book...just make sure you learn that cake tastes better but also may add a few kilos.

ASaysFull 11-03-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO it's GSIH, then get your feet wet, then SSH and reading this forum. GSIH is good for a beginner's book, WLLH is a bad book that people try to excuse by calling it a beginner's book.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's GSIH? I think I should know this...