Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   USA to win the World Cup (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=129042)

trapsetter 06-02-2006 11:21 PM

USA to win the World Cup

Tradesports has them at 110-1. A $100 notional bet would be worth its weight in entertainment value alone, as I see it. Plus I think they're a bit undervalued.

The idea of course isn't to bet them with the belief that they're going to win. You're looking for them to beat Ghana and Italy. Then you're looking at some serious dough.

Thoughts?

KingNeo 06-03-2006 01:39 AM

Re: USA to win the World Cup

I bet $50 on the USA to win the WC and I got 60-1 odds.

Honestly, it is going to be the greatest $50 I ever spent. I cannot wait to watch the WC and the USA.

The Beautiful Game

Jeffmet3 06-03-2006 02:24 AM

Thanks for reminding me.

I took the US to advance from group E +175.

I think that we're getting much better odds due to a lack of US interest compared to Europe.

smbruin22 06-03-2006 01:20 PM

i think the USA is underated.... look at what they've done last few world cups.

regarding the odds, they sound great.... one thing you should be aware of is that USA has a very, very difficult group (can't remember teams but couldn't believe it)

theDetroitKid 06-03-2006 01:46 PM

czech republic
ghana
italy
are all in group E

group of death

partykid123 06-03-2006 02:32 PM

no way usa is wining, they are in the group of death with italy ,czech republic and ghana all tough teams.

my picks- germany (semifinal for sure), brazil , england

Jeffmet3 06-03-2006 03:37 PM

Some things to look at for Group E.

Yes, the the US got screwed. Should've been one of the top 7 seeds.

Italy got that spot over the US.

Czech should've been a top 7 seed, as they're 2 in Fifa rankings. However, them not making the past few world cups prevented them from getting a top 7 rank.

The USA has the hardest group, as there's 3 teams that would normally be advancing to the next round.

The USA winning the world cup? I wouldn't really bet on that, but for a little money it's more of a fun bet.

However, I do think the US advancing from the group is a good bet at +175.

Italy is a very old team with tons of [censored] going on within, including a big scandal with their star goailie Buffon.

Czech players have never played on the biggest stage. Nedved is actually hinting at possible retirement pre-World Cup, although there's no chance that's happening. However, they also have older stars.

The US is relatively young, and has been there.

I'd prefer to have Brad Friedel in goal, and am not a big fan with some of Arena's lineup decisions, but I still like the team

KingNeo 06-03-2006 04:18 PM

It is obviously a fun bet. I don't expect them to win, but $50 makes if fun.

partykid123 06-03-2006 04:24 PM

ghana cud be the dark horse this year and i will not be surprised if they pull a senegal type show from last year.

boracay 06-03-2006 07:04 PM

if you wanna bet on the US you might get +10000 at gamebookers.