Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Limit-->NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Official Limit-->NL Forum No Content Thread! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465540)

Grunch 08-09-2007 01:09 AM

Re: Pretty good day today

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here as in 'in the nc thread' or here as in 'in a post' .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh well, here it is.

PokerStars $0.05/$0.10 No-Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

BB: $10.45
UTG: $9.10
CO: $7.25
Button: $7.80
SB: $14.95

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $0.05, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, SB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.80) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $0.60</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises to $4.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.80) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $5.60</font>, Hero calls $5.55 (all in).

River: ($20.90) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $20.90

[/ QUOTE ]

fold the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh to folding the turn, the pot is quite big at this point. Calling or folding the turn isn't the problem. The problem is how you got in to this position in the first place.

Te initial flop raise should have been larger, about 2.60 to go. Then when raised back, just push. They way you played it you are levt with less than a pot sized bet for the next street, and you should never get yourself in to this position. You dont have enough chips to get any FE from any bet, and you dont have enough chips to fold any reasonable hand. As you discovered.

If you had played the flop right, the end results might have been the same. But the important thing is theopponent is more likely to have put his money in bad if you played it right. As played, you are the one who put the money in bad.

Grunch 08-09-2007 01:11 AM

Flop raise was about half what it should have been. Make it about 60 to go.

futuredoc85 08-09-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here as in 'in the nc thread' or here as in 'in a post' .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh well, here it is.

PokerStars $0.05/$0.10 No-Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

BB: $10.45
UTG: $9.10
CO: $7.25
Button: $7.80
SB: $14.95

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $0.05, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, SB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.80) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $0.60</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises to $4.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.80) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $5.60</font>, Hero calls $5.55 (all in).

River: ($20.90) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $20.90

[/ QUOTE ]

fold the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh to folding the turn, the pot is quite big at this point. Calling or folding the turn isn't the problem. The problem is how you got in to this position in the first place.

Te initial flop raise should have been larger, about 2.60 to go. Then when raised back, just push. They way you played it you are levt with less than a pot sized bet for the next street, and you should never get yourself in to this position. You dont have enough chips to get any FE from any bet, and you dont have enough chips to fold any reasonable hand. As you discovered.

If you had played the flop right, the end results might have been the same. But the important thing is theopponent is more likely to have put his money in bad if you played it right. As played, you are the one who put the money in bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean i get what you're saying and i agree but that is the single worst card in the deck and he is now ahead like 0% of the time. FD hit, gutshot hit, and sometimes it will give the dude 2 pair.

KingOtter 08-09-2007 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They way you played it you are levt with less than a pot sized bet for the next street, and you should never get yourself in to this position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh.... so to get the 2.60... take your potential bet, double it, add it to the flop pot and you need to have more in your stack that than to have any kind of fold equity. 5.20 + 80 in pot = $6 and I'd have like 7.45 left.

Would've been bad no matter what... villain had AT.

So much content for NC thread, heh. Thanks so much for your time.

Grunch 08-09-2007 09:59 AM

One of the best ways no-limit players can review thier own play is by reviewing thier biggest hands. Both hands where they won or lost the most. We can usually find the biggest errors in those hands.

MrWookie 08-09-2007 10:09 AM

See, that's actually pretty convenient. In limit, the hands with the biggest wins and losses are usually played well, or perhaps with, say, one marginal raise too many on the river or something when you ran into a cooler. They don't often feature as many mistakes, and pots that big are rare, mitigating the impact of the mistake on your win rate. The places you have to go hunting for the biggest mistakes in limit are in the 4-9 BB pots, wins and losses. Missed value bets/raises and loose calls on the end come up all the time here, and these situations come up so frequently that they'll cripple your potential. These will also catch the hands where you slowplayed the flopped nuts until you're blue in the face, getting in only one raise on the river rather than breaking out your raising rock. Unfortunately, these sorts of mistakes will be buried in a sea of pots in this range, so digging out the mistakes can be tougher.

KingOtter 08-09-2007 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the best ways no-limit players can review thier own play is by reviewing thier biggest hands. Both hands where they won or lost the most. We can usually find the biggest errors in those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I did this morning, going over my play from last night.

My session last night was interesting... have some hands where I was betting 2nd pair, etc... and I'm thinking that if it makes it past the flop it seems best to give up on those...

People don't seem to call down as marginal hands as they did in 6-max limit. If they make it to the turn it's probably top-pair or better.

Robin Foolz 08-09-2007 11:46 AM

Re: Official Limit-->NL Forum No Content Thread!

my hourly rate playing nl100 has been $70/hr since picking up nl again. ~15k hands.

just moved to nl200, and so far the only only diff. i see is that there is more light preflop 3 betting.

i see no reason to move back to limit atm.

diebitter 08-09-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my hourly rate playing nl100 has been $70/hr since picking up nl again. ~15k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's your rate/100 hands?

how many tables do you play?

Robin Foolz 08-09-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what's your rate/100 hands?

how many tables do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

$19.82/100

6-9 tables, but mostly 6.