Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Live 1/2 Pocket K's facing post flop push (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506149)

gman339 09-21-2007 11:42 AM

Live 1/2 Pocket K\'s facing post flop push

This hand is from a live B&M game at the local card room. I have limited history with the villain and no specific reads. There are two limpers in early position, and then villain raises to $13 from MP. He has $76 behind. I am on the button with about $250 in front of me. I have pocket K's and reraise to $35. The two limpers fold and villain calls. The flop comes A64 rainbow. Villain, who is first to act, shoves his remaining $54 into the pot. I'm getting about 2.3 to 1. Hero?

ddagt 09-21-2007 01:14 PM

Re: Live 1/2 Pocket K\'s facing post flop push

With no reads, do you think you're good here 1 time in 3? I don't think so. Pot odds not there, I'm a nit, but I fold.

KurtSF 09-21-2007 01:41 PM

The PFR looks a little small to me. I think a PSB is more like $45 and I think that would be a better bet size. It depends on the limpers' stacks, of course.

This looks like a fold on the flop. Calling would not be a big mistake, but I think it is slightly -EV without reads.

Albert Moulton 09-21-2007 07:21 PM

I probably would have just reraised to $76 preflop forcing everybody out and making the shorty decide preflop whether he wants to play for his stack or not.

As played, I'd probably call. He will often have an ace. But he probably plays every other hand that he calls with preflop the same way (i.e. TT-AA, AT-AK).

Board: Ah 6s 4c
Hand 0: 68.182% { TT+, ATs+, ATo+ }
Hand 1: 31.818% { KdKh }

It's close, but you're getting about 2.3 to 1 pot odds with about 2.1 to 1 (against) equity. The payoff is a little bigger than the risk.

It is highly unlikely that he just check-folds this flop after committing that much preflop even if he doesn't have an ace. So, his best defense without an ace is a good offense. Given the pot odds, you should therefore call.

uminchu 09-21-2007 07:59 PM

totally a possible stop and go move, he could have TT+ here yo
and maybe even 99

as well as AJ+ of course

Mench 09-21-2007 08:03 PM

45 pre and flop is a snap call. he shows up with TT 99 so much.

gman339 09-24-2007 03:06 PM

Thanks for the input guys. After being finally forced to a decision because they put me on the clock, I finally folded and showed my pocket K's (hoping to get him to show). He then turned over his Jc9c and collected the pot. If I had been first to act post flop, I definitely would have shoved A or no A on the board. In the reverse situation, I knew it was marginal decision either way. I just wanted some others' thoughts.

ClubChamp04 09-24-2007 04:39 PM

Maybe it's a mistake, but I'm calling this bet almost everytime. He only has $76 so I know he's a fish regardless of having no reads. If he flopped the ace then so be it, but we're going to showdown baby.

ClubChamp04 09-24-2007 04:44 PM

Wouldn't he CR if he had an ace here a lot of the time? His push would make me want to call even more now that I think about it. He wouldn't want to scare you off a worse hand if he had the ace so it would give me even more reason to look him up here.

FireStorm 09-24-2007 04:50 PM

Pop it more preflop, avoid putting yourself in this situation.