Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   NY Times OpEd on the demise of the Pool Shark (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554274)

wins_pot 11-25-2007 05:43 PM

NY Times OpEd on the demise of the Pool Shark

One great line from the article....
"You don't make much money but you do get paid in stories."

Jump the Shark

By L. JON WERTHEIM
Published: November 24, 2007

*Edit/Jman220: No reposting of entire articles. Here's the link:

Article

GSykes 11-25-2007 05:49 PM

Re: NY Times OpEd on the demise of the Pool Shark

Keith McCready quit the tour he plays MTTs on stars Eartherquake57 if I remember.

I also played craps with Shane Van Boening his hearing aids were setting off some frequency and they thought it was my ipod.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-25-2007 05:58 PM

good article. it seems like an alternative for these guys would be to live in a place with a lot of tourists and hustle vacationers.

OmahaDoc80 11-25-2007 06:16 PM

I just read a great book on a pool hustler. It is called "Running the Table" by Jon Weirtheim (sp) If you are a gambler at heart, it is a must read.

oops. didnt see the end of Brandons post. Great book!

costanza_g 11-25-2007 06:17 PM

Poor Gigabet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

cbloom 11-25-2007 06:40 PM

They just need more TV exposure so they can be celebrities. Then the fish will gladly go to the "big game" of pool for the privilege of losing to the pros. After all, in golf you can't just go out and play with Tiger Woods, but in pool you can go to the pool hall and plunk down $10,000 and play against the icons of the game!

RioGossiper 11-25-2007 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They just need more TV exposure so they can be celebrities. Then the fish will gladly go to the "big game" of pool for the privilege of losing to the pros. After all, in golf you can't just go out and play with Tiger Woods, but in pool you can go to the pool hall and plunk down $10,000 and play against the icons of the game!

[/ QUOTE ]

The is a new site coming out that will offer online pool for real money. www.poolstars.com or something like that. Maybe there will be something of that.

Why anyone would trust Kevin Trudeau in anything is beyond me. He really did destroy pool in america, now they don't even show on tv there.

Dustin D 11-26-2007 03:05 AM

Running the table is a pretty phenomenal book that just came out about pool hustling

Diamond Lie 11-26-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poor Gigabet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Seattleallstar 11-26-2007 05:58 PM

Who has better blowups?

Earl Strickland or Phil Hellmuth