Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   FTOPS Main Event: 2 Quick Decisions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549769)

hotquietday 11-19-2007 01:35 PM

FTOPS Main Event: 2 Quick Decisions

I had noticed nothing unusual about the villains in either hand.

HAND 1

Early on, 40/80 blinds. Both of us have ~5000 stacks. Villain raises UTG to 200, I raise AKo OTB to ~600 (thoughts on this raise??), villain calls.

J88r

Villain checks. I bet 1000 into a 1200 pot (thoughts on this bet, size of the bet??). Villain min c/raises me and I fold.

HAND 2

Blinds are now 50/100, I have a 3300 stack. UTG, who's recently lost most of his stack, goes all in for 1000. Fold to me in the CO with TT. Is this an easy push?

Thanks,
hqd

KneeCo 11-19-2007 02:00 PM

Re: FTOPS Main Event: 2 Quick Decisions

Hand 1: I usually don't raise the UTG raiser there with AK just cause I never raise him with 98s type hands + I like post-flop with position. Also, I think your cont bet is too big, although it does get you some good info in this case, after you repop pf and basically pot the flop you're repping an overpair the whole way. Still, you could have saved a few hundo.

Hand 2: Well you need 46% equity to risk 1k to win 2250, and I mean you should have some kind of read on the guy if he's down to 10 BBs already. I think he's gotta be at least as wide as 99/AJs/AQo here so I'd re-shove with three players behind.

PhatPots 11-21-2007 06:59 PM

Hand 1
Easy fold, I normally continuation bet a little bit less. This way I can fire again on the turn once in a while.

Hand 2 easy push, your crush his range. Just hope no one behind you wakes up with a hand.

Steve Williams 11-21-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I usually don't raise the UTG raiser there with AK

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here with the money so deep. I call preflop and may call the flop depending on the villain. As played, I take a free card on the flop, or fold to CR.

Hand 2: Is it bad to just call here? With 33BBs here I am thinking about giving 88-99 & AJ-AQ a chance to reshove behind. I want to chip up more than just the 1k all in, and doing it at expense of villains behind me is sweet. Plus, TT+ and AK are almost never folding to an iso raise.

Eagles 11-21-2007 08:53 PM

Hand 1
I never 3bet pf and cbetting the flop is a massive spew

Mench 11-21-2007 09:03 PM

hand 1 flat pre, as played dont cbet
hand 2 shove

furfur 11-23-2007 03:12 AM

1. if ur going to raise, you've gotta make it 800; the argument for just calling is that a)he raised from UTG and thus his range is somewhat narrower(middle PP's, AK-AJ), b)u have position; once he calls ur raise, he's telling u he has something, though with the pot odds u offered him, u can't narrow his holding any further than the above. on that dry board, I would check behind as ur c-bet will not chase away most pairs and will likely induce CR.
2)instapoosh