Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Wynn Floor Decision: Weird Spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445287)

WillyT 07-07-2007 02:02 PM

Wynn Floor Decision: Weird Spot

So the action at the Wynn is crazy this week and limit hold'em is dying. There were just two tables of 15/30 and one of 30/60 while there were several tables of omaha variations and every table in the room was going.

I was sitting in the 30 and an interesting floor decision came up.
The action goes as follows:

MP raises preflop, BTN 3 bets, SB folds, BB 4 bets and before anyone one notices/says something the flop is dealt without MP and and BTN calling the BB's 3 bet.

Flop comes out and BB bets, MP calls, BTN raises and BB calls.....and here is when someone finally points out that the pot isn't right and that MP and BTN hadn't called the preflop 4 bet.

Floor is called over...what should they do?

Thanks,
Bill

JP OSU 07-07-2007 02:16 PM

Re: Wynn Floor Decision: Weird Spot

Since they have all voluntarily put money in on the flop I would think that they have to pay it no matter what...

WillyT 07-07-2007 02:25 PM

One other important piece of information is that the betting is capped at 5 bets per street, so the 4 bet preflop was not the cap and MP or BTN could have 5 bet had they been aware that BB made it 4 to go.

AngusThermopyle 07-07-2007 02:29 PM

MP and Button owe a bet to make pre-flop pot right.
Since there has been significant action on the flop, the flop stays.
No more Patrón for the players.

DesertCat 07-07-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since they have all voluntarily put money in on the flop I would think that they have to pay it no matter what...

[/ QUOTE ]

And they can't retroactively cap preflop because they didn't protect their action.

steamraise 07-07-2007 07:21 PM

Dealer gets a KITN.

MrFizzbin 07-07-2007 07:39 PM

just like a botched/premature turn card. The flop is picked up, preflop betting action completed. New Flop dealt(no burn), betting on the flop.

The old flop reshuffled back into the deck after the reshuffle the burn and turn complete as normal. Bet,burn, river bet, award winner. THEN KICK DEALER IN NUTS.

Chief911 07-07-2007 11:09 PM

MrFizzbin is right. Since they still have a decision on putting money in, the flop is picked up and shuffled in. Betting is completed, then flop. Whee.

Nick

steamboatin 07-07-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And they can't retroactively cap preflop because they didn't protect their action.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

ellenwheels 07-07-2007 11:49 PM

I don't believe you can pick up the flop as there has been significant action. The 2 players who never got their bets in should have dead hands. They failed to protect their hands by stopping the action sooner.