Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL50: 3 barrels against 2+2er (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555577)

Baintz 11-27-2007 01:57 PM

NL50: 3 barrels against 2+2er

Villain is ShiptFMA, I have him at 15/12/1 over 40ish hands.
Don't know what my stats were, but I'd been tight. Don't know if any of my hands had gone to showdown.

A few hands before I raised 55 to $3 on the button against 2 limpers and he called in the BB w 87s.

Being 2+2, I assumed the only set he can possibly have on this flop is JJ (and even that is unlikely), and surely he raises 2 pair on such a drawy flop. So I assumed he had some sort of combo draw, or possibly ATs. Same on the turn, I'm figuring he raises a boat here (if he has it - which I doubt) as he can't rely on me to fire river.

I very rarely fire three barrels, and only do so against thinking players who I think of are capable of laying down a hand. I'm basically repping a boat or straight here.

Thoughts?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $56.85
Hero (MP): $50
CO: $24.50
BTN: $125.10
SB: $46.70
BB: $10

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, BTN calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.50</font>, BTN calls $8.50

River: ($28.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>

themandude 11-27-2007 02:14 PM

Re: NL50: 3 barrels against 2+2er

I think 3 barreling on this flop is bad... There are many hands that beat you and few draws.

SSDas 11-27-2007 02:16 PM

I think the 2nd barrel is ok, but i'm really not sure about the 3rd one.

What does it acheive? What better hands are you getting to fold?

If he's decent, i would imagine his calling range on the button would be AT+. Maybe he folds AT here, but i really doubt it. AJ has a full house and you're going to get raised. AQ made top two which is unlikely as he didn't raise the flop but he's still not folding it and i don't think he would call two bets with AK then fold a blank river.

Maybe he called with A8/9s and will fold, but i think it's unlikely from his stats.

So, if you're not getting many better hands to fold, and a missed draw that you beat is folding anyway, and nothing that you beat is calling, i really don't see this as a profitable play.

ShipitFMA 11-27-2007 02:17 PM

I think i play this hand bad FYI, kinda interested to see how this discussion goes

lol, reading all the leadup to the hand i feel like a tard :P

kolotoure 11-27-2007 02:19 PM

This is fine. I fold AK on the river against this line

gregorio 11-27-2007 02:19 PM

If you think he is on a combo-draw or AT, I don't like river bet. You beat a missed draw, so it is better to c/c a bluffed missed draw than lead here, and I don't think AT is folding after calling F&amp;T. He also isn't folding any J after calling F&amp;T. I don't know what calls F&amp;T that folds river that you beat.

thoman8r 11-27-2007 02:21 PM

I don't like it. I think the second barrel is ok but the 3rd is just spew. That 5 of diamonds obv. didn't help anyone and what hand does he flat two streets here that doesn't already beat you?

thoman8r 11-27-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think he is on a combo-draw or AT, I don't like river bet. You beat a missed draw, so it is better to c/c a bluffed missed draw than lead here, and I don't think AT is folding after calling F&amp;T. He also isn't folding any J after calling F&amp;T. I don't know what calls F&amp;T that folds river that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Baintz 11-27-2007 02:23 PM

Agreed that many hands that beat me, but I think he's raising 2 pair+ on this drawy board. The previous hand has shown he's willing to call raises with suited connectors OOP, so I imagine he can call with them in position.

Also, I don't know how he'll play his draws if I check to him on the turn or river. If I check and he puts in a decnt bet, I'm in a real tough spot, and I'd prefer to be the one putting him to a decision rather than vice versa.

ShipitFMA 11-27-2007 02:23 PM

What the min you guys call the river with?