Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   50NL: KK on monotone board. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546070)

RapidEvolution 11-14-2007 02:58 PM

50NL: KK on monotone board.

Villain is 44/9/4 over 45 hands

I've been running 13/8/2 at the table

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
9 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$16.00</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$36.35</font>)
MP1 (<font color="#0000cc">$47.35</font>)
MP2 (<font color="#0000cc">$52.70</font>)
MP3 (<font color="#0000cc">$122.70</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$51.05</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$50.00</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$48.00</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$18.75</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 9 players) Hero is BTN K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#777777">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.5, <font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1.75

I need to get out of the habit of using the "pot" button on FTP, but PAHUD messes me up and keeps moving to other tables when I try to type the amount out.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5.25, 2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero checks

I check here because I think villain is aggro enough to checkraise flop with air and I want to keep the pot small, given this flop.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.25, 2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero checks

Awful turn card, but villain doesn't bet it. I figure he's got a PP and wants a cheap SD (which is fine by me), or he's slowplaying the ever-living daylights out of a monster.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($5.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $2.5</font>, Hero...

Villain bets half the pot and I can't think of a made hand that I beat that'd bet here (except for a suicidal Jack). However, my hand is so underrepped that he could be stabbing here with ATC, so I call.

I've been finding myself in spots like this (generally because I don't bet all streets with TP/overpair unless the SPR is low and calling rivers has been profitable so far, but if it's going to be a part of my postflop game, I need to learn more about when and when not to do it.

Chargers In 07 11-14-2007 03:14 PM

Re: 50NL: KK on monotone board.

As weak as it is I usually check behind these flops against aggressive players, bet turn, and check river. I'd call the river here. I wouldn't expect to win often but your hand is so underrepped and aces usually bet the turn.

ranka 11-14-2007 03:17 PM

I don't like it. Flop is 100% bet (psb to me) and probably I am shoving if villain check-raising.

As played - I don't know, I don't never be in this spot. Just check turn and call river.

Brimstead 11-14-2007 03:44 PM

i dont play it this way either. i definitely bet this flop, even against an aggro opponent, and if he raises im calling since he can do it with complete air.

asplayed, I probably would have bet the ace on the turn, and shut down completely if called.

in this case i would call the river, he probably doesn't think you have kings.

RapidEvolution 11-14-2007 03:45 PM

IMO, shoving over a c/r is terrible in this spot. I'd be much more inclined to do it if I had the Kd, but I don't. IMO, we're getting c/r'd by made flushes and Ad-x hands and we're way behind the made flushes and even money with Ad-x. If he's got a set, he's probably leading out. Even if he c/r's the set, he's not folding to a shove.

ship_it_trebek 11-14-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, shoving over a c/r is terrible in this spot. I'd be much more inclined to do it if I had the Kd, but I don't. IMO, we're getting c/r'd by made flushes and Ad-x hands and we're way behind the made flushes and even money with Ad-x. If he's got a set, he's probably leading out. Even if he c/r's the set, he's not folding to a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
+1 thats a situation where you are slightly ahead or way behind

I mix it up on the flop if you are weary of a c/r with air, I take the same line. I like a bet on the turn here tho and then check behind rivers (unless its like Ks).

RapidEvolution 11-14-2007 04:17 PM

Are we betting the turn to fold out 2pair hands (like AT) or to get value from hands like QdQx or JdJx?

Makonnen 11-14-2007 04:19 PM

I think you saw too many monsters. If you're going to c/c the flop, rep the ace. If you bet the flop and get called, you can probably safely c/f the turn, since the Ad becomes pretty likely. If you are c/r on the flop, you gotta run some math and decide how likely he is to have air--tough spot, but tough spots are important.

ship_it_trebek 11-14-2007 04:20 PM

For value, someone with that AF is probably not checking with an A there. Hes also a 44/9 so we can get value from an infinite number of hands not just QQ,JJ with diamonds.

RapidEvolution 11-14-2007 04:24 PM

Gotcha, trebek. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]