Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   400NLHUCASH two pair hand on a straight flush board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548821)

Vinetou 11-18-2007 06:14 AM

400NLHUCASH two pair hand on a straight flush board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($445)
Button ($484.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($24) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, Button calls $46.

Turn: ($144) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $120</font>, Button calls $120.

River: ($384) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $253 (All-In)</font>,

Villain seems a solid player, he is waiting on multiple tables, but right now I might be his only opponent. He is a solid player, I don't think he is making many moves. I think I overplayed the hand and that I should just c/f turn. When he called on the turn, I was really afraid he caught a flush, but I guess I played with so many superaggressive villains like me in the past days that I couldn't believe he wouldn't move in with a flush draw on the flop. I was more worried about the straight. I pushed because I figured if he has like a lone 9, he will call but not bet and that I would call his river bet if he bets. The way I played the hand was idiotic.

I seriously think c/f turn is the best line here even though it may seem weak tight.

jay_shark 11-18-2007 12:52 PM

Re: 400NLHUCASH two pair hand on a straight flush board

Vinetou , if he were on a flush draw on the flop , then you gave him (98+120+253):46 or ~ 10.2:1 implied odds for his hand . He may have called you on a flush draw because he knew his implied odds would be great . Not to mention , the 5 of c's is an out for a player drawing to an open end straight draw .

The check-fold is a decent option on the turn .If the turn were a 3 of c's , I may check-call the turn and check-fold the river, depending on the size of the bets and reads .

shat4brains 11-18-2007 04:47 PM

i think ur line is fine c/f turn is rediculas imo id lead as you did and fold if raised as most solid players raise a flush there

Vinetou 11-18-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think ur line is fine c/f turn is rediculas imo id lead as you did and fold if raised as most solid players raise a flush there

[/ QUOTE ]

And what do you do on the river if he just calls the turn which most people will do - slowplay a flush?

KexChoklad123 11-18-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And what do you do on the river if he just calls the turn which most people will do - slowplay a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is always so easy to know the results of your hands. Since when "most" people slowplay a flush? Just because you lost this hand it does not mean you played it bad

Vinetou 11-18-2007 07:25 PM

I am just saying that what shat4brains said that people would raise a flush on the turn isn't true. Most people would slowplay a flush if they hit it.

jay_shark 11-18-2007 07:41 PM

You can fold this on the river if he continues to bet out .

MasterLJ 11-18-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am just saying that what shat4brains said that people would raise a flush on the turn isn't true. Most people would slowplay a flush if they hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But most ship in a flush draw on that flop to a raise.

I stopped worrying about the flush in situations like this. I think you played it fine.

Vinetou 11-18-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped worrying about the flush in situations like this. I think you played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing. As weird as it sounds, I was more worried about 67 than a flush. I guess if that card wasn't a 5c, I would feel good about my play.

MasterLJ 11-18-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing. As weird as it sounds, I was more worried about 67 than a flush. I guess if that card wasn't a 5c, I would feel good about my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise, I'm more worried about 67, but I feel there are 3 OESDs on that flop so I have to be willing to pay them if villain is aggressive. Ac9x, Ac8x, 97, 87 and JT with a club aren't really going anywhere. Not to mention the hojillion other hands people try to show down here.