Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Edmonds (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489442)

MyTurn2Raise 08-29-2007 10:18 PM

Re: Edmonds

he's been hot lately, but I'm still all over TLR's extensive use of Edmonds this season

his defense isn't that good

Taguchi does a better job in the field and So's hitting is actually more valuable due to average and infrequency of strikeouts despite the complete lack of power

It just boggles my mind that Duncan, Ankiel, Taguchi, Encarnacion aren't all considered everyday starts ahead of Edmonds. Hell, Ludwick might be there as well.

MyTurn2Raise 08-29-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was this one of those AMAZING plays where a good defensive CF would have gotten easily?

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps, but you're a bit biased

you don't think his 2004 NLCS game 7 catch was that great. I think it's the most impressive defensive play I've seen in person.

THAY3R 08-29-2007 10:51 PM

What would make me biased?

New001 08-29-2007 10:51 PM

Damn, I just saw that catch. Edmonds is really slow now. Beltran or Sizemore or whoever would have been under that no problem. Good job getting to the ball at least, I guess.

hoyasnaxa 08-29-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would make me biased?

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre a virgin.

ArcticKnight 08-29-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was this one of those AMAZING plays where a good defensive CF would have gotten easily?

[/ QUOTE ]

In College ball we used to razz our Centerfielder that he broke so late on the ball that he made routine outs look sensational. Most fans saw them as awesome dives, but we just gave him a hard time.

prohornblower 08-29-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, I just saw that catch. Edmonds is really slow now. Beltran or Sizemore or whoever would have been under that no problem. Good job getting to the ball at least, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Shut up, man. Give some effing props, Jesus. The guy made plenty of similar catches back when he was young and fast. It's not like some fluke catch Edmonds has never made. Sure he's aging, and slow, but jeez louise, people don't realize how hard it is to make that catch. And isn't the whole idea of making up for inevitable slowing down with age with stellar defense when you can get to the ball?

It's not like he's gotten worse due to forgetting how to skillfully catch a ball. He's old, slow, and beaten up now. You can't fault him for that.

Most people on this forum couldn't catch a screaming liner in Centerfield within 4 steps in any direction of a stand-still.

And his catch on Ausmus in the 2004 NLCS was incredible, as MT2R stated.

Pudge714 08-29-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people on this forum couldn't catch a screaming liner in Centerfield within 4 steps in any direction of a stand-still.

[/ QUOTE ]
And this is relevant how?

iamawesomer 08-30-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And this is relevant how?

[/ QUOTE ]

We should never criticize anyone on things we couldn't do LDO. Unless he's on roids and that's a fact.

fredd-bird 08-30-2007 04:43 AM

Edmonds positions himself in CF shallower than most. Therefore many of the plays he makes are amazing considering his relative starting position.
Gold Gloves - 8 not really much else needs to be said.