Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Duplicate Online Texas Hold em - legal in the US (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=410232)

elrudo 05-23-2007 08:59 PM

Re: Duplicate Online Texas Hold em - legal in the US

I dont know how the "skill vs luck ratio" will turn out to be in this game, but luck will surely be a factor in this game as well, albeit in a different form.

As soon as players in the tournament realize they have gotten poor results in hands that have been played, they have an incentive to 'gamble' more on future hands.

Your luck if you get the winning hand in a pot with such a 'desperate' player.

At other tables the opponent in the same seat, holding the same cards wont be giving away his chips so easily.

KurtSF 05-23-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know how the "skill vs luck ratio" will turn out to be in this game, but luck will surely be a factor in this game as well, albeit in a different form.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely!

Scenario: You have TPTK on a wet fop facing a lot of heat so you drop. Turns out the guy had a made straight, but your donk "partner" stacks off, and then hits a runner-runner full house. You played it better, and the donk gets all your monies.

How has the luck been eliminated again?

CaseS87 05-23-2007 11:25 PM

This game sounds BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRIIIIIING.

SmokeyRidesAgain 05-23-2007 11:40 PM

Alternatively... play standard texas hold them.

Siegmund 05-24-2007 03:41 AM

It if caught on, I'd actually consider getting involved in tournaments. Can't stand standard poker tournaments.

Of course, the fact I've been a serious duplicate bridge player half my life might be a factor.

Jintster 05-24-2007 03:50 AM

A lot (though by no means all) of luck factor is removed in duplicate bridge because all 52 cards are used. There's no way of getting round luck in poker - all this does is remove the luck in what cards you get pre-flop. For example, a player may get it all in with aces pre-flop and lose more to a suck out than his competitor who doesn't.

DWarrior 05-24-2007 04:07 AM

How about running cards multiple times when people are all in? How much does that reduce the luck element?

Lori 05-24-2007 11:30 AM

This had slightly more luck (which was neccessary to avoid collusion) and they didn't get very far with anything.

Skill Poker, for those who have short memories.

If anyone could be bothered to search all of cmwings' posts they'd learn a lot more about it.

Lori