Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AK how much? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536684)

deaders 11-02-2007 02:52 AM

Re: AK how much?

65-70

a bit smaller if he can make a hero call

orange 11-02-2007 02:53 AM

i did misread your post. my bad.

carrot,
yeah, i never had any intentions of checking here. i think villan checks behind with so much [censored]. i was just q-ing my bet sizing on either a bluff or vb. (and you would bet 72 as a bluff as well i'm sure?)

ps-regards on tonights ass pounding.

carrotsnake 11-02-2007 02:57 AM

don't bring it up, and yes I'd bet 72 as a bluff as well, I mean, it looks like the right size to me in like all respects somehow, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I dunno, you could also do something crazy and bet like 32 for value here if you think he's like, not that big on river calls, but blech, then you gotta really readjust your ranges overall I think and that requires to much work!

Dire 11-02-2007 03:38 AM

I'd go 80 here for value or as a bluff. If he's convinced you're trying to rep the ace then give him a chance to make a hero call. Checking would be so lame.

BobbyLight 11-02-2007 11:57 AM

If you are checking it better be to check/minraise and then fold to a push if it were to occur.

But just bet $75.

Do work,

Rob

traz 11-02-2007 11:58 AM

I think villain checks behind with hands he might call with. Betting is way better.

Hero bets 68 imo

grando 11-02-2007 02:34 PM

startrak 11-02-2007 02:55 PM

pot it! or close to anyway..

goofyballer 11-02-2007 08:26 PM

Anyone saying to check the river: Some TAGs love finding reasons to look people up, and when orange 3 barrels this board he's representing a super strong hand (like, a set or AK or AT basically) or he has air pretty much all the time. It's pretty easy for villain to look at that range and find a call with some marginal pairs in this spot. For example, two hands I played recently vs TAGs (borderline nits, even):

1. I open JJ, he calls in blinds. Flop 977 two spades, he check-calls. Turn 6s, he checks, I elect to check behind without a spade and play bluffcatch. River is offsuit king, he checks, I'm like "lol time to represent a bluff" and bet $54 into $74 pot or so, he calls with pocket 4s.

2. I open T9dd in SB, BB calls. Flop Q84 one diamond, he calls my cbet. Turn Kd giving me gutshot + fd, I bet, he calls. River is rag diamond giving me flush; I bet like $142 into $170. Obv I should bet here, but the size is a bit bigger than a lot of you would do, and the reason is that my line is so ridic strong that I'm basically representing the nuts (flush, KQ, set) or air in a spot where I'm fairly unlikely to have any of those nut hands. He calls with KT.

So, that's why I think valuebetting hard in spots where villains think it's unlikely you have the hand you're representing is a good thing and should absolutely be done here. I'd go between 72 and 80.

orange 11-02-2007 08:30 PM

i bet 77 and he folded. thanks for replies.