Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Second Chance Please Tell me a Good Line To Take Here (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528296)

Pudge714 10-22-2007 03:23 AM

Second Chance Please Tell me a Good Line To Take Here

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t200/t400
(Ante: t20)
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t8239
UTG+1: t3426
MP1: t15903
MP2: t10642
MP3: t6226
CO: t9799
Button: t7813
SB: t7083
Hero: t11351

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to t1100</font>, Button folds, SB calls t900 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1880)</font>, Hero calls t700 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t2780)</font>.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t3480, 3 players)
SB checks, I?
CO has been reasonably aggro. SB is more likely a giant fish who can't fold 98s than getting tricky with AA. I don't think Squeezing pre is bad here and is probably +EV, but please don't just post shove/fold preflop and add nothing else.
I can't bet/fold. Bet calling seems bad. If it checks through than I probably have the best hand, but will never have the best hand on the turn. I don't know if I am ahead of buttons betting range enough to c/c or crai, but I do think I have the best hand on this flop a ton.

TheNewf 10-22-2007 03:31 AM

Re: Second Chance Please Tell me a Good Line To Take Here

bet/folding here is prboably fine, I mean nothing else seems a whole lot better and it's not like CO is bluffraising a lot with SB there.. Checkraising a a CO continuation bet all-in probably isn't too bad either as you have may get him off a mid pair sometimes. Kind of ugly spot though.

d2themfi 10-22-2007 03:36 AM

i would fold or squeeze preflop. A5s doesnt play too well oop in a 3way pot with 45bb stacks, too many flops are gonna be very hard to play and/or you get trapped

as for the hand, leading is fine because it makes it hard for the c/o to raise with a fish behind him yet to act. c/c sucks cause its 3 way action with a few draws and plenty of bad turn cards

g-p 10-22-2007 04:29 AM

"I can't bet/fold. "

why?

Eagles 10-22-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I can't bet/fold. "

why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Given stacks and that villain will have fds we prob have good enough equity once he shoves to call.

curtains 10-22-2007 12:39 PM

Check and see what happens. Also I don't like the preflop flat call. Hard for good things to happen OOP here. Too shallow.

djk123 10-22-2007 01:44 PM

first of all, given your descriptions, i can't imagine flatting ever being better than shoving pre even for a postflop god.

as played I like a crai if co bets. if you were to lead i think you have to do it with the intention of calling a shove from CO. aggressive players love to shove over leads.

DJ Pattiecake 10-22-2007 01:53 PM

if you have a good idea about what he would do with certain hands when you lead, i would just check/fold. The flop isn't as good as it looks imo. you have only caught up against 33 44 and bigger aces, and almost as many hands have caught up to your A high.

Ben86 10-22-2007 02:14 PM

I think check call is the only way to play this.

I can't decide if I'm in the shove pre camp or not. With your 'reasonably aggro' read i think id prob do it.

edit; looking back at stacks and not sure if i want to check call anymore. still thinkin about this one.

shaundeeb 10-22-2007 02:26 PM

Without a read I don't expect CO to c-bet that frequently here with the effective stack sizes being less then 2x pot with the small blind. So that means checking sucks cuz another card rolls off a lot the times you are a head. I like shoving the flop the more I think about it I am going back to thinking less then 2x pot effective shoving isn't that bad because PFR has to fold 66-10s with sb left to act.