Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Has the Colbert Report overtaken The Daily Show?? Discuss. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=91180)

teddyFBI 04-18-2006 11:41 PM

Has the Colbert Report overtaken The Daily Show?? Discuss.

I think TDS is more consistently funny -- e.g. pretty much money in the bank on any given night -- but when TCR is *on*, it's heads and shoulders better.

Flame away.

Rootabager 04-18-2006 11:43 PM

Re: Has the Colbert Report overtaken The Daily Show?? Discuss.

I think TCR sorta gets old. I agree that looking at one show it might be funnier. But how he talks and acts sorta gets old.

Luzion 04-18-2006 11:44 PM

I think Colbert Report is funnier. But the show does seem very formulaic. I miss the Even Stevphen segments on The Daily Show. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jokerthief 04-18-2006 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think TDS is more consistently funny -- e.g. pretty much money in the bank on any given night -- but when TCR is *on*, it's heads and shoulders better.

Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this whole heartedly. Colbert is either funny as hell or just flat. Gold or iron. I like the Colbet Report better than the Daily Show but I also think that the Daily show is in decline.

Kratzer 04-18-2006 11:46 PM

The Colbert Repoir sucks. Colbert is only funny when he has 5 minute segments on The Daily Show like he use to. Give him a half hour, and his suckiness is revealed.

Patrick Duffy 04-18-2006 11:48 PM

Colbert Report is funnier. Better segments ("on notice," "threatdown," "i called it," "the word," etc.) and farr farrrr better interviews. I usually watch the first 2/3 of the daily show, then switch to sportscenter for 10 minutes while Jon interviews whoever, then back for all of Colbert.

AJackson 04-18-2006 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and I'm a huge Daily show fan. When I saw the first episode of TCR, I was sure there was no way it had any legs. Seemed like SNL skit trying to be a movie-just not enough material. I was wrong. Colbert's act never seems to get old. I only wish he could get better guests. Some are outstanding, but some shouldn't even get interviewed on public access television.

This will seem like an odd choice, but the guest I've liked the most was Dermot Mulroney. He seemed to really get it.

edtost 04-18-2006 11:53 PM

Colbert:Dalily Show::PTI:Sportscenter

wet work 04-18-2006 11:54 PM

He was [censored] great on TDS. I only watched the first few Colbert Reports and didn't think it was that great for a full half hour, haven't really watched it since. It was definitely a bummer because I was expecting good things.

MEbenhoe 04-18-2006 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I also think that the Daily show is in decline.

[/ QUOTE ]

the daily show has been in decline since jon stewart took over as host