Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Folding QQ pf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552125)

Gullanian 11-22-2007 09:23 AM

Folding QQ pf

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $22.41
BTN: $22.71
Hero (SB): $29.45
BB: $18.47
UTG: $4.02

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $3.27 and is All-In, CO calls $4.25, <font color="red">BTN raises to $22.71 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds, CO calls $17.41 and is All-In

I aven't done it much, but I'm doing it more frequently now. Is this fold good? stack sizes are awkward

PatBateman 11-22-2007 09:28 AM

Re: Folding QQ pf

Btn calls the raise, then pushes after your reraise. this doesn't make sense to me . without reads i call this.

Gesangsverein 11-22-2007 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

CO: $22.41
BTN: $22.71
Hero (SB): $29.45
BB: $18.47
UTG: $4.02

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font> <font color="blue"> =&gt; you chose an excellent amout to raise here imo </font> , BB folds, UTG calls $3.27 and is All-In, <font color="blue"> =&gt; so far you achieved what you wanted </font> CO calls $4.25, <font color="blue"> =&gt;this might mean a very strong hand - a read would be very useful here. How aggressive has CO been preflop so far? Has he been calling big 3-bets light?</font> <font color="red">BTN raises to $22.71 and is All-In</font>, <font color="blue"> I almost certainly discount AA and KK here because villain just called with a UTG raise and a caller ahead of him, this isn`t the way most people play aces/kings. Although he will show up with them here from time to time, I think he is more likely to run a bluff or hold something like AK/AQ/JJ/TT</font> Hero folds, CO calls $17.41 and is All-In

[/ QUOTE ]
My decission depends on my reads on the CO. I`m not afraid of the BTN.

munkey 11-22-2007 10:03 AM

I'll ignore the short [censored] that'll prob win the main pot all 3 JJ/QQ KK with a3o [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but as I understand it two semi 100bbs players call a PFR IP then get 3bet by Hero and CO calls the 3bet then BTn shoves and CO calls.

CO middle pair or slowplayed monster, BTN similar range but more weighted to AK from his play IMHO

Let's say TT+, AQ+ for both although I think this is a bad range but my first approximation gives us ~ 35% equity 3way so it would suggest a call but TBH with 2 stacks AI already I think a fold is fine - I would certainly do this @ NL50+ unless tilty. But I think at least 1 has AK+ (BTN) and you're flipping but with 3way pot you have the equity to make it EV.

But if this isdonktastic Thanksgiving holiday players prob call and embrace the variance [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

danilaisback 11-22-2007 11:00 AM

easy fold, i sould just raise to like 3.50/4 preflop-&gt; fold to a reraise

corsakh 11-22-2007 11:03 AM

Not here omg.

iheartponeez 11-22-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btn calls the raise, then pushes after your reraise. this doesn't make sense to me . without reads i call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This move is often someone with AA/KK trying to be sneaky, then realizing he's getting action anyway and going for it. Anyone who limp/reraises or cold-call/reraises is showing a ton of strength, and I give them credit for a big hand unless I see them do it with something else.

LiveNow 11-22-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy fold, i sould just raise to like 3.50/4 preflop-&gt; fold to a reraise

[/ QUOTE ]
you can't be serious. why on earth would you fold to a RR when you open?

slush420 11-22-2007 02:13 PM

yeah I'd probably call here. If you lose, this is a great spot to take notes.

bsball8806 11-22-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

easy fold, i could just raise to like 3.50/4 preflop-&gt; fold to a reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes no sense