Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mountaineer Status? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523345)

cowboy.up 10-15-2007 09:43 AM

Mountaineer Status?

Any update on when the Mountaineer in WV is opening up their poker tables? I heard a rumor that it was this Friday, but have no solid evidence - but this article is contrary to the rumor I have heard.

Mason Hellmuth 10-15-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Mountaineer Status?

I am acquainted with a few guys who will be dealers at Mountaineer/Wheeling Island. I should be able to get the scoop in the next few days.

cowboy.up 10-15-2007 12:42 PM

OK, thanks Mason.

RJT 10-15-2007 02:17 PM

I keep hearing this Friday, also. We'll see.

sirfoldalot 10-15-2007 10:52 PM

Just left the Wheeling soft opening and this opening is the test to determine whether they open Friday or not. From what I heard tonight, the commission reps were pleased and it looks good for this Friday. I would assume that if all goes well for Mountaineer the same would apply to them.

RJT 10-17-2007 07:43 PM

Poker room is opening this Friday 4pm. Hours = 24/7. They plan to spead whatever limits and games players want – Omaha, stud - depending on demand of course.

I went to the charity event/dry run last night.

Good news and bad:

Room is great - -open and airy. 37 or so tables, all with auto shufflers.

Bad news – dealers are bad, really bad. At least the 3 who dealt at my table were. Not a clue. Couldn’t get the pots right/making change - -pushing pots to wrong player. You will definitely want to hold on to your hand until pot is pushed, and watch that all money goes into the pot.

Good news – the players are worse than the dealers. It was a charity event with fake chips; they gave away door prizes every ˝ hour. No final table or anything. So, can’t say for sure how action will be at the real money tables, but we’ll soon see.

I heard rake will be 10% up to $5. Not sure if that will be for all limits or not.

da burgh 10-18-2007 12:59 AM

I am planning on heading down to either mountaineer or wheeling this friday afternoon, not sure which one yet (any solid suggestions?). Hoping to arrive around 4-4:30 to avoid the evening rush. Still, to be safe, I was going to phone ahead to reserve a seat. Does anyone have the number off hand? or know where i can find it at?

Side note: If anyone is going to be there any time friday, don't be afraid to drop the 2+2 'sup bro'. Ill be the early 20's punk, backwards hat, HUGE stack...I wouldn't mind meeting a few fellow 2p2ers that will be around there as much as I will be.

Witzo 10-18-2007 04:19 AM

I will be in Mountaineer Fri night or Sat morning at the latest. Look for a fat kid rocking a Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis jersey.

evagaba 10-18-2007 08:50 AM

Probably go Sunday

daveddd 10-18-2007 09:07 AM

I am still trying to decide which place to go to.
They are both the same distance away. Coming from the burgh also