Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AKo HU UI (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509165)

Ulkis 09-25-2007 03:56 PM

AKo HU UI

Moved one level down, no reads on anyone, more coldcalling PF than .5/1, more checking postflop, villain unknown. New level, and I've determined to start by not losing monies!
I have a feeling this post is deja vu for many, but am trying to post a hand from every couple of sessions or so that made me uncertain what the best line is.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?

KitCloudkicker 09-25-2007 04:00 PM

Re: AKo HU UI

b/f the turn unless villain is tricky and LAGGY

BigBadBabar 09-25-2007 04:04 PM

bf turn chk behind riv ui

Sushiglutton 09-25-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b/f the turn unless villain is tricky and LAGGY

[/ QUOTE ]

Landonfan 09-25-2007 06:04 PM

I b/f the turn, since villain will most likely peel this flop with any two.

Aaron W. 09-25-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New level, and I've determined to start by not losing monies!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that results-oriented resolution.

Fantam 09-25-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New level, and I've determined to start by not losing monies!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that results-oriented resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please dont be so harsh Aaron.

I think thats it is admirable for someone to be prepared to move down limits when they are not running well, and make an effort to improve their game.

Zeldark 09-25-2007 07:31 PM

OPs statement implies short-term sightedness while Aaron was focusing on the long-term.

Just how short-sighted the OPs intent was is up for debate. Surely none of us sits down and thinks "I want to lose money today!!" and if you play properly thinking of the long term, the goal still isn't to lose money, but I think Aaron's statement has some merrit still.

Aaron W. 09-25-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think thats it is admirable for someone to be prepared to move down limits when they are not running well, and make an effort to improve their game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. And if OP had said

[ QUOTE ]
New level, and I've determined to start by playing better

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have taken your angle on it. But to take an angle of "not losing money" while playing poker is probably a significant error. Even for the best players, some 35-40% of their sessions they will fail to do this. The determination should not be tied to short term results.

Bulletproof Monk 09-26-2007 02:04 PM

i check the turn and fold the river