Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Effect of early start-time? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554986)

MicroBob 11-26-2007 06:04 PM

Effect of early start-time?

Curious if anyone has thoughts about this or has done a study, etc.

Thinking of LSU's lackluster performance in their early-start vs. Tulane a few weeks ago.

This Saturday CMU plays Miami in the MAC championship at 10am local time.

bam1982 11-26-2007 11:53 PM

Re: Effect of early start-time?

As far as the SEC goes, the only game that had the 12:30 kick that went over the number was Alabama/Tennessee. Every game other than that has gone under as far as I remember.

MicroBob 11-27-2007 01:13 AM

I had a hunch something like that was possible although a bigger sample-size would be kind of nice.

cato-tonia 11-29-2007 12:49 AM

hey, you know, i noticed that the moon was cusping over mars the other night, and all the dogs in the PAC-10 won.

anybody got any info on this? have you noticed any dogs winning int the conferences you follow when the moon wanes?

Rustjive 11-29-2007 12:53 AM

Yeah, Cato, I totally see what you're talking about. Like waking up early basically has 0 effect on living in general, much less football games. And college students pretty much hate sleeping anyways, so I can't see how it might possibly have an effect either.

MicroBob 11-29-2007 01:00 AM

I've talked to athletes who have participated in early-start games who have admitted, "yeah, i was pretty much still waking up."

I think it would be difficult for many people to have the same intensity at 11am that they can get at 8pm.
It also would not surprise me if home-field advantage were diminished somewhat on such games since crowds tend to be less enthusiastic/noisy.

This really isn't that crazy a theory.

NajdorfDefense 11-29-2007 01:39 AM

March Madness the early start times for WC teams that go east and play at noon or super-late ones [compared to EST] for the reverse definitely affect the game and scores.

All the WC teams that had noon starts v Temple, or UNC going out west and losing to Weber's The Show in Seattle, 7-10 3s in 2nd half didn't hurt, LDO.

Rustjive 11-29-2007 01:42 AM

Sorry, MicroBob, I forgot to add [/sarcasm].

Like you, I wish we had more on this angle. Unlike cato-tonia, I'm not an [censored].

cato-tonia 11-29-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, MicroBob, I forgot to add [/sarcasm].

Like you, I wish we had more on this angle. Unlike cato-tonia, I'm not an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're just a wonderful piece of [censored] alright.

smbruin22 11-29-2007 07:58 PM

why's the mac game at 10 am? TV, i guess?

i remember nebraska i think played some 10 am games a number of years ago. or was it 11 am? one or the other.