Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Heroes 11/19-Things are starting to get good. Wait,what? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550165)

Jack Bando 11-19-2007 09:57 PM

Heroes 11/19-Things are starting to get good. Wait,what?

3 minutes.

And, why does the Haitian wipe everything about your abduction but not your memory of being abducted?

Jim14Qc 11-19-2007 10:12 PM

Re: Heroes 11/19-Things are starting to get good. Wait,what?

This [censored] plotline is horrid. The acting is making me sick. Please put back Peter and al back on... this Claire thing sucks.

EDIT: show's still alright when Claire and flying boy aren't on screen.

Jack Bando 11-19-2007 10:21 PM

Who are we supposed to side with in terms of Claire/HRG? I think it's Claire, but she's being kind of a bitch.

mattnxtc 11-19-2007 10:29 PM

Kristen Bell is so hot though.

Jim14Qc 11-19-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kristen Bell is so hot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. And her character makes it even worst.

Eric Draven 11-19-2007 10:54 PM

Noooooo... my favorite character just died [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hopefully he comes back in comic book fashion soon.

Jack Bando 11-19-2007 11:01 PM

My brain just asploded.

IeatChipsYum 11-19-2007 11:02 PM

"HOOOOOLY....."

durron597 11-19-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noooooo... my favorite character just died [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hopefully he comes back in comic book fashion soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was quick

Jack Bando 11-19-2007 11:05 PM

Question about next week's preview that regards the two major spoilers tonight
<font color="white"> WTF is Claire dumping in the water? </font>

AlexM 11-19-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are we supposed to side with in terms of Claire/HRG? I think it's Claire, but she's being kind of a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Siding with Claire = siding with dumb.

SamIAm 11-19-2007 11:09 PM

I don't really get the people who are pissed. I thought this episode was really great.

I did object to the big dramatic reveal when they told us that Adam was FOUR HUNDRED YEARS OLD! Yeah, we got it already.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">If she's putting her blood in the reservoir or some stupid [censored] like that, I'm gonna be pissed.</font>

RiverFenix 11-19-2007 11:16 PM

As much as I cant stand the wonder twins I really miss Sylar and seeing where his plotline is going.

Mohinder has been annoying all season, I really hope HRG or someone takes him out (wont happen but whatever).

MaxxDaddy 11-19-2007 11:16 PM

I must say I got really amped by the previews, I'm sure several to many people here felt the same about certain cuts. I like where they're going with Parkman though; he may show some promise.

Jack Bando 11-19-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really get the people who are pissed. I thought this episode was really great.

I did object to the big dramatic reveal when they told us that Adam was FOUR HUNDRED YEARS OLD! Yeah, we got it already.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">If she's putting her blood in the reservoir or some stupid [censored] like that, I'm gonna be pissed.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">It looked like she was dumping someone's ashes in the water. That's what confused me. </font>

isukatpkr 11-19-2007 11:20 PM

She thinks her dad is dead...hence she thinks those are his ashes, but the company has him in their prison.

Jack Bando 11-19-2007 11:23 PM

But whose are they? Walmart doesn't sell ashes.

And should they rename the show to Heroes:Nobody's Gonna Die Ever?

Howard Treesong 11-19-2007 11:46 PM

The scene where Hiro stops action to ID the assassin is gold. So is the last scene in the ep showing HRG -- both are absolutely outstanding. This ep was absolutely top-rate, other than the total lack of the ultrahot Nikki.

Elle is a pretty darn good substitute, though -- in fact, after tonight, I might have to revise my opinion of their respective hotness.

SamIAm 11-19-2007 11:53 PM

Sulu said "We have the powers of gods." That means he can do SOMETHING, right? Obviously nothing very useful, because Adam was able to over-power him with his ... regen power. (Does that make him any better at running? You're a trained swordsman. Push back, man.)

[ QUOTE ]
Heroes:Nobody's Gonna Die Ever

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what you're talking about. They've killed the only black character on the show TWICE now.

edit: Oooh! Maybe that means the muscle memory girl and her stupid brother will make a return cameo to be quickly eaten by Sylar!

Pudge714 11-19-2007 11:55 PM

Anyone who thought HRG died after seeing Claire's blood get taken 10 minutes later isn't very good at Heroes imo.
Can Claire's blood resurrect people?
Nitty point, but I thought Claire's line at the beginning what are you going to do tie me up, would have been better as what are you going to do shoot me.
Are Japanese funeral's really like that?
Should I just give up continuity with time travel. Hasn't one of the biggest proponents in any time travel plot ever been you can't meet your past self.
God Kristen Bell is hot
What power does Hiro 's dad have?
Is HRG too stupid to realize Elle can electrocute people? The only other explanation I have is that this was all preplanned.

Howard Treesong 11-20-2007 12:01 AM

Yeah, I agree -- HRG figures out how to hamstring her power, then lets her loose in a spot where she can do serious harm to both him and potentially Claire. I thought of this during the ep but was so blown away by the ending that I momentarily forgot about it.

This is a gaping plot hole and needed a review of past "24" seasons for ideas as to how to handle hostage options.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-20-2007 12:14 AM

Howard,

This may help

http://thesuperficial.com/2007/11/15...humb-thumb.jpg

Jack Bando 11-20-2007 01:02 AM

Sam, they've killed/oh no wait they not really dead 4 main characters (one twice) so far. Someone important's gonna die eventually and I'll go "Meh, they'll be back next week."

Pudge, I thought the blood was going to be used for the reason they went to get it in the first place, for Niki. Once I realized Niki's arms aren't that manish I realized what it was for.

Apparently it can bring people back from the dead. (since it seems her power=Adam's, she can give temporary immortality (come back) it seems)

Only in BttF can you not meet your past self, unless you're past self doesn't know it's you. (Bill and Old Bill, Doc and Doc) In Bill and Ted they meet their past selves.

I think his power is sword-skill, but just a guess.

I can't think of a way to stop her from using her power in that situation, rubber gloves maybe but then Bob would take them off.

Russ M. 11-20-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I just give up continuity with time travel. Hasn't one of the biggest proponents in any time travel plot ever been you can't meet your past self.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We learned in TimeCop that the same matter cannot occupy the same space, thus Hiro and little Hiro should have imploded and their matter cease to exist. Plot hole imo.

SamIAm 11-20-2007 01:56 AM

BTW, I really liked the line about how Claire is attracted to boys just like her father, since they can both fly.

ActionJeff 11-20-2007 01:59 AM

nice episode

sucks that they are ending this seasn so short, all of that buildup for nothing when the episodes were finally getting good...

pikkupossu 11-20-2007 02:00 AM

yay no mexicans [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Scotty. 11-20-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We learned in TimeCop that the same matter cannot occupy the same space, thus Hiro and little Hiro should have imploded and their matter cease to exist. Plot hole imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cells in the human body are constantly dying and new ones being regenerated in their place. Old Hiro and young Hiro are comprised of different cellular matter.

SamIAm 11-20-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cells in the human body are constantly dying and new ones being regenerated in their place. Old Hiro and young Hiro are comprised of different cellular matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, good job. You've successfully used Science to explain-away any problems one might have with Heroes. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

KneeCo 11-20-2007 02:14 AM

- Saw the ending re: using Clair's blood to save her dad coming a mile away.

- Although we knew who the killer would be, I hoped it would be someone else. Hiro's dad's last line really makes no sense (he never thought his worst enemy woudl come after him?)

- Kristen Bell = awesome.

- I don't understand Hiro is determined to get revenge on Adam, right? So ok, he doesn't want to save his dad, whatever, but why not stick around for a couple more secs, freeze time again, and kill Adam?

Russ M. 11-20-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not fall for your level, sir.

SamIAm 11-20-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand Hiro is determined to get revenge on Adam, right? So ok, he doesn't want to save his dad, whatever, but why not stick around for a couple more secs, freeze time again, and kill Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is Hiro getting revenge on Adam? Adam didn't really do anything to him, except get him high.

Adam is trying to get revenge on Hiro.

Scotty. 11-20-2007 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand Hiro is determined to get revenge on Adam, right? So ok, he doesn't want to save his dad, whatever, but why not stick around for a couple more secs, freeze time again, and kill Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is Hiro getting revenge on Adam? Adam didn't really do anything to him, except get him high.

Adam is trying to get revenge on Hiro.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... please think about that for a moment

AlexM 11-20-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is Hiro getting revenge on Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello! My name is Hiro Nakamura. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

Scotty. 11-20-2007 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- I don't understand Hiro is determined to get revenge on Adam, right? So ok, he doesn't want to save his dad, whatever, but why not stick around for a couple more secs, freeze time again, and kill Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]

the immortality thing might pose a slight problem

AlexM 11-20-2007 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft. Freeze time, cover him in concrete, drop him in the ocean. Piece of cake.

SamIAm 11-20-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think his power is sword-skill, but just a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
If my entire super-power was being good with a sword, I'd probably carry one around with me, instead of sending Ando on an errand whenever I needed one. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KneeCo 11-20-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft. Freeze time, cover him in concrete, drop him in the ocean. Piece of cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or at least take him prisoner or something, it worked last time for decades until Peter freed him.

pegusus 11-20-2007 02:44 AM

couple questions cuz I didn't watch Heroes religiously early on and i'm lost on a few things. ok so adam is exacting revenge on those people who locked him up, but do we know why they locked him up for 30 years to begin with?

also, why is parkman's dad a bad guy, I don't get it, is he working with adam or something, how does he fit into all of this?

The Yugoslavian 11-20-2007 02:46 AM

Couldn't HRG have kept Elle's hands tied up in a water compartment of some kind? It seemed super silly that it took her even that long to use her powers once she was out of the tub.

Yugoslav