Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503762)

SharpObject 09-18-2007 12:32 PM

Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread

I made this thread for mainly selfish reasons. I have never been big into Halo before, but I am very excited about number three. I'm looking for some new 2p2 XBL friends.

Gamertag: SharpObject1

Dexytp22 09-18-2007 03:39 PM

Re: Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread

Halo 3 is going to be awesome. I'm playing in a tourney at the best buy near me, 4 man tourney. Prizes for winning. My xbox live Gamertag is : OMGClayAiken (yeah I stole it from jman, but I'm going to change it for halo 3)

4 High 09-18-2007 04:10 PM

SuicideBounce I will be all over this.

rjoefish 09-18-2007 04:26 PM

rjoefish1 here. will be playing at midnight pacific time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

goofyballer 09-18-2007 06:09 PM

XBL: goofyballer (SURPRISE!)

cakewalk 09-18-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

XBL: goofyballer (SURPRISE!)

[/ QUOTE ]

XBL: STOMPLE

goofy any word on another group sweat thing ?

EMc 09-19-2007 12:23 AM

Sweetness Maker, good [censored] god I cant wait.

ballin4life 09-19-2007 12:45 AM

GT: BlackStorm

TheCroShow 09-19-2007 02:37 AM

thecroshow is going to be all over this. never really played Halo before, but I'm confident i'll be great [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

goofyballer 09-19-2007 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
goofy any word on another group sweat thing ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't heard anything.

Dire 09-19-2007 03:23 AM

First reviews are coming out. 10/9/9/9 for 37/40 from Famitsu.

TheSalche 09-19-2007 08:07 PM

I'll be at my local GameCrazy at midnight on Tuesday for this baby. Last time, my EBgames had a line of a few hundred for UIUC nerds =).

IlliniLou 09-19-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be at my local GameCrazy at midnight on Tuesday for this baby. Last time, my EBgames had a line of a few hundred for UIUC nerds =).

[/ QUOTE ]
i'll be gettin this too, IlliniLou is the gamertag - if you dont want to wait in line, go to a store off campus, the Walmart in Savoy usually has a ton of copies (if you are still at UIUC)

Zimmer4141 09-19-2007 11:28 PM

SN=Zimmer4141

TheSalche 09-20-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i'll be gettin this too, IlliniLou is the gamertag - if you dont want to wait in line, go to a store off campus, the Walmart in Savoy usually has a ton of copies (if you are still at UIUC)

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh for halo 2 I was at ebgames, ended up going to gamecrazy where nobody was there, so i expect it to be the same this time around.

scotchnrocks 09-20-2007 09:49 AM

SN: Hal700

scotchnrocks 09-20-2007 11:11 AM

lol, who is this

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7...ry_1_36773.jpg

4 High 09-20-2007 11:39 AM

Anyone here getting Legendary?

SharpObject 09-20-2007 01:33 PM

I preordered today for the limited edition (not legendary).
I'm not sure if its really worth it or not but whatever. Its only $10 extra and you get a sweet metal case.

vikefan24 09-20-2007 02:05 PM

vikefan24.. can't effin wait

chaseUdown 09-20-2007 02:19 PM

XBL: Tammen

Cumulonimbus 09-20-2007 04:56 PM

i think my XBL is gonna be Beastman, not sure if it's taken yet or not. will update.

ed and goofy you better be my friends!!

4 High 09-20-2007 09:42 PM

Sweet i just got the three red lights! perfect timing!

TomHimself 09-20-2007 11:12 PM

sn: lolPWNEDu

2/325Falcon 09-20-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

kyleb 09-20-2007 11:35 PM

My name is Dixzilla on XBL but I'm not sure that it's still active. Anyway, I'll probably buy Halo 3.

TheCroShow 09-21-2007 04:10 AM

i'll be adding everyone before tuesday. look out for thecroshow.

feel free to hit me up with some madden, gears of war and nhl 2k8

goofyballer 09-21-2007 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine a month ago, and because of shipping difficulties (not MS' fault) they didn't get it back to repair until yesterday. I bought a 360 at Circuit City when it happened and also returned it yesterday (30 day return policy), I think I'll go in the morning when the same people aren't working and buy another one.

Is there really anything to stop people from buying 360s at Circuit City and returning them every month, then repeating the process? If you live in a metro area with lots of CCs I bet you could pull this off fairly easily.

4 High 09-21-2007 10:35 AM

Does CC or any retailer still check Serials? Can i do the old swap out like i did with PS1 10 years ago? If not i suppose getting an Elite for a month isnt such a bad idea.

J-P 09-21-2007 11:18 AM

omg I can't wait!!
xbl id: XxJ2thaPxX

scotchnrocks 09-21-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does CC or any retailer still check Serials? Can i do the old swap out like i did with PS1 10 years ago? If not i suppose getting an Elite for a month isnt such a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

when I got my premium about a month or so ago at Best Buy they did not check the serial...this was in atlanta

goofyballer 09-21-2007 01:29 PM

Is there a way to transfer data across hard drives? I'm thinking about upgrading HDTVs in the near future and getting something w/ 1080p, and at that point I'd feel obligated to buy an elite...but losing all my saved games would suck.

DonkeyKongSr 09-21-2007 02:07 PM

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...amigration.htm

You can order the "data migration" cable for free by filling out a form at the bottom of the page.

vin17 09-21-2007 05:30 PM

More than one person I've spoken to actually thinks that it will be a letdown. However, you can't predict the success a game have based only on a beta version of the game.

I'm sure going into it Bungie realized the infinite pressure put upon them to at least meet everyone's expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow surpasses all of them.

It might be worth mentioning that one of these people doesn't actually have a 360 while the other only played the beta by playing on someone else's 360.

scotchnrocks 09-21-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More than one person I've spoken to actually thinks that it will be a letdown. However, you can't predict the success a game have based only on a beta version of the game.

I'm sure going into it Bungie realized the infinite pressure put upon them to at least meet everyone's expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow surpasses all of them.

It might be worth mentioning that one of these people doesn't actually have a 360 while the other only played the beta by playing on someone else's 360.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it will be a let down, but I don't like how it's so hyped up. When I got Bioshock it took a bit of playing for it to sink in how good it was because I kept thinking "why isn't this more awesome?" because of all the hype surrounding it.

goofyballer 09-21-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I got Bioshock it took a bit of playing for it to sink in how good it was because I kept thinking "why isn't this more awesome?" because of all the hype surrounding it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that too, but it sadly never really went away. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also, I don't think Halo 3 will be a letdown. Halo 2 was a lot like Halo 1 and it delivered, and Halo 3 will be a lot like Halo 2, just next-gen and with some standard new guns/maps/game types/whatever. No Halo game is really re-inventing the series, they have a formula that works and they stick with it. I hope the single player is less crappy than it's been in the past, but you know multiplayer is gonna be fun.

vin17 09-21-2007 07:00 PM

There are skeptics for every game that seems to be 'overhyped.' I'm not trying to come off as another fanboy, but Halo: CE was the only reason I got an original xbox, let alone a 360.

Forget the new maps, weapons and updated graphics which is pretty standard when the next game of a series comes out. Like a Bungie guy said in one of the recent documeantary videos, it's the Forge and Saved Films features that are going to put it miles ahead of any other FPS, let alone platform game to be made in the forseeable future. Play a map. Don't like it? Then fix it. Now you'll be playing it 10x longer than you would have originally. No scope a guy, or stick him from across the map? Now you have undeniable proof to back up your smack talk. You know how you're still playing Halo 2 almost 3 years after it was released? Multiply that by 5 or 10 and you get Halo 3.

Dudd 09-21-2007 07:30 PM

Map making is cool, but you're deluding yourself if you think that replays are going to make this the greatest game of all time. FPS are finally catching up with NHL 94, it's nice to have but not a reason to buy the game.

vin17 09-21-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Map making is cool, but you're deluding yourself if you think that replays are going to make this the greatest game of all time. FPS are finally catching up with NHL 94, it's nice to have but not a reason to buy the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
On this, correct me if I'm wrong because I was fairly young when it was released.

If NHL 94 remains the greatest game of all time after Halo 3 is released (which I doubt), then it will be because it didn't get a fraction of the hype that Halo 3 has created. Part of this is because of the state of marketing capabilities and technology of the day, while also because previous hockey games failed to be anything more than moderately successful (compared to Halo 2 over Halo: CE over anything prior).

DonkeyKongSr 09-21-2007 08:38 PM

Halo 2's problem was the hype was all there and then...then...then we had to wait through a year and a half of delays. If I didn't have it preordered for like 2 years, I probably wouldn't have even bothered to get it when it came out because I stopped caring about it. I think a lot of people felt the same. I used to have monthly Halo parties, with as many as a dozen people. We were even still playing for Halo 2's original release date. By the time it actually came out, we had stopped playing for quite awhile.

I am rehyped for Halo 3 though, better than ever and on a sweet next gen system.