Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   AT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=486208)

Chris Daddy Cool 08-25-2007 04:49 PM

AT

30/60 6max

i riase utg with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. co coldcalls. button coldcalls. sb folds. bb calls.

flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bb checks. i bet. co calls. button raises. bb coldcalls. i 3-bet. co folds. button caps. bb calls. i call.

turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bb bets. i call. button just calls.

river: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bb bets. i fold.

johnnylovescandy 08-25-2007 05:02 PM

Re: AT

raise the turn before folding this, but i probably wouldn't fold anyway...

Flintoff 08-25-2007 05:14 PM

I cant fold here. BB's play could easily be QT.

joker122 08-25-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant fold here. BB's play could easily be QT.

[/ QUOTE ]

or at, jt, T9 etc....folding seems terrible.
edit-forgot you have btn behind you...that certainly makes the fold a little more understandable but still seems bad.

admiralfluff 08-25-2007 05:19 PM

Assuming you have no reads or stats, I don't like this. I think we're way ahead on the turn, so I would definitely raise. The river sucks, but button will have an overplayed pocket pair fairly often. If button is known to be competent, the decisions are all really close, but I still think we have to call/fold the river. He can still easily have trips. You just called the turn, why wouldn't he with 9T-QT?

Tryptamean 08-25-2007 07:10 PM

Yeah, I dont get the turn play unless you are putting BB on T8/88/66, which is not likely.

As played, BTN certainly looks like he's on a flush draw, but I think he could have the other T with no kicker often enough. If he just has Tx he should be worried on the turn after that flop action and a new player leading, so I don't think callnig is unreasonable for him on the turn.

geormiet 08-25-2007 07:11 PM

You're representing an overpair, not trips, so this is a further case for not folding since you are underrepresented.

milesdyson 08-25-2007 07:13 PM

call/reraising the turn or what..?

mntbikr15 08-25-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I dont get the turn play unless you are putting BB on T8/88/66, which is not likely.

As played, BTN certainly looks like he's on a flush draw, but I think he could have the other T with no kicker often enough. If he just has Tx he should be worried on the turn after that flop action and a new player leading, so I don't think callnig is unreasonable for him on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think 66 is that unlikely.

That said Im still not folding here, and Im prob raising the turn

Chris Daddy Cool 08-25-2007 08:17 PM

two points

1. assume these guys aren't morons which is kind of hard to assume sometimes, but these guys weren't morons.

2. how many tens are in the deck and what does bb betting the turn mean.

fwiw, thinking about the hand some more i think not raising the turn was a mistake in the long run, but at the time i was almost sure i was beat and wanted to see if the button would raise behind me. all that said, i am really surprised you guys think this is a easy river call, because i thought the complete opposite and everybody who has seen me play these days knows i never fold anything.