Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529488)

R*R 10-30-2007 11:17 PM

Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

FTPSean

So if sillysal is innocent of any wrongdoing how do you plan on compensating her for this grievous action?

MicroBob 10-30-2007 11:20 PM

Will be interested to see sillysal's response to this.
Not going to look back through the whole thread but I thought she had e-mails where she did not receive a response within 24 hours...hence the reason she was sending the repeat e-mails in the first place.

It makes me wonder if Sean's claims on the e-mails response times are correct or if some of their responses were getting blocked for some reason.

It also appears possible that FT just puts themselves in a position where they are waiting for just one more charge to officially clear or for just one more player to send them ID. And if that player balks on that and just chooses not to respond then players like Sal are just left locked-out while FT waits and waits and waits...and possibly over a situation where the legality of the charge 4 player-degrees of seperation away aren't going to tell much about whether a player like SillySal is involved in anything befarious in the first place...but they are still locking her account and waiting for that last piece of info just for the sake of completeness.

Seriously, if they can say that they're almost finished with the investigation...just hang on a bit longer. And kind of imply that all they're doing is waiting on one more piece of info to complete the whole thing...then it seems like they have mostly already determined that person's innocence or guilt anyway but yet they are still waiting to have every last piece.
This is all EXTREMELY speculative on my part though. Just stringing together some bits and pieces from some of these threads about how these things seem to proceed.

I really don't know what the best way to go about such investigations is. But I suspect FT's way of doing it is probably not it and that Stars' way of doing it is probably much better.

jbrennen 10-30-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do want to reiterate that we do not take account suspensions and investigations lightly. We realize the importance of freezing a player’s bankroll, and do not take that course of action without reasonable cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it always the case that the player's entire bankroll is frozen? For instance, it would seem like a grave injustice to freeze a $47K bankroll if the amount of money involved (in whatever incident prompted this investigation) is much smaller.

For instance, if I have $50K in my bank account, including a recent $20K deposit of a cashier's check, and if the bank finds reason to believe that the cashier's check may have been counterfeit, I'd fully expect them to put a hold on $20K, but not to freeze the entire account balance.

dlk9s 10-30-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
update? I hope everything works out ok for you Sally

-Anton

[/ QUOTE ]

R.I.F.

Kodfish 10-30-2007 11:54 PM

I would like to add my voice to these posts. I only play on Full Tilt. And although I haven't had anything like this happen to me (yet), I would like to know if something like this was to happen, that I would be treated fairly throughout the whole process. And thus far, I would not say that Sally has been treated fairly.

Freezing an account and not communicating with the player, even if only to put their fears at ease, just seems like an unwillingness to do the bare minimum of customer support.

I am paying great attention to this thread to see how this all turns out. And how it turns out will have a strong affect on me and whether I continue to do business with Full Tilt.

albedoa 10-30-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2ers,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sean, do you understand why it is considered insulting to say "if you haven't done anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about" while a significant amount of money is frozen and there is admittedly limited communication regarding the investigation?

Do you understand why it is considered insulting to say "don't contact us, we'll contact you" while a significant amount of money is frozen and there is admittedly limited communication regarding the investigation?

If someone is proven guilty, he should be treated as such, but NOT until he has been proven guilty and you've communicated that accusation. He is innocent and should be treated as an innocent until he is accused.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on these points.

toutatis70 10-31-2007 12:42 AM

Let's see if we can somehow get some media attention regarding this. "Fulltilt cheats player out of $47,000" . It would possibly help with the Us poker regulation and maybe slow down all these threads I see regarding frozen fulltilt accounts.

PartyGirlUK 10-31-2007 01:33 AM

All - FT haven't cheated anyone out of $47k. Given their profile/revenues they have VERY strong disincentives to do so. Especially since sal has brought this matter to 2p2s attention. While they may not have handled this perfectly, they won't confiscate her money without justification.

fizresh 10-31-2007 01:39 AM

"Furthermore, a non-response from other players involved is information in and of itself, but it can take a number of days to determine a non-response."

so sillysal is at the mercy of other players, unknown to her, and that they'll respond honestly to FTP? this constitutes an investigation?

learn, chat and play with the pros. i'd love to know how lederer, ferguson, lindgren etc would respond to how this is being handled.

Bobo Fett 10-31-2007 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's see if we can somehow get some media attention regarding this. "Fulltilt cheats player out of $47,000" . It would possibly help with the Us poker regulation and maybe slow down all these threads I see regarding frozen fulltilt accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) So far, FT is guilty of very poor customer service and having piss-poor procedure when it comes to this kind of investigation. What they are NOT guilty of thus far is cheating sillysal out of her money.

2) Absolute Poker HAS admitted to being compromised and thereby allowing its players to be cheated out of at least $700,000. There have been HUGE efforts by poker players here and on other forums to publicize this. This is a MUCH MUCH bigger issue than the FT freeze, yet I don't think it's been more than a blip on the mainstream media.

3) Even if you could get this out there in a huge way, why do you assume it would help with regulation? Isn't it just as likely that right-wing religious zealots might not pick up on it as proof that Internet Gamblin should be banned outright?