Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485932)

FishSticks 08-25-2007 04:45 AM

2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope?

Lifelong fan, season ticket holder, etc.

After seeing this offense consistently flounder around haplessly in the preseason, seeing our revamped offensive line struggle to open ANY holes in the running game, Jason Webster get owned every game at the number two corner, and just generally consistently poor play from the entire team - I'm getting depressed about the season already. I'm having a hard time brainwashing myself into believing they have a real chance to compete this year.

Poz looks really good, Evans looks great as always, Parrish is explosive but we don't like to let him touch the ball - but outside of that not much is looking great. Lynch has been mediocre at best so far, and Peterson tearing [censored] up out in Minnesota makes that sting more.

Any Bills fans out there optimistic about the season? Anybody dreaming playoffs?

kevstreet 08-25-2007 05:11 AM

Re: 2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope?

Hmmm... playoffs seem a bit optimistic; I'm hoping for .500!

From what I've seen, JP has been protected ok. So we may end up having to establish the pass in order to run. Does that ever work?

Is McGree out? That can't help things if he's on the shelf.

Wire really killed it in the gym. He looks like a different player.

Jeff W 08-25-2007 05:25 AM

If you want to multiply your misery, check out the regular season schedule...

Bad Team+Tough Schedule = No Playoffs.

daman123 08-25-2007 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, statistically the bills schedule is the toughest in the league. also, it seems as though this team is a bit worse than last year. a better o line, but no mcgahee and clements (and fletcher and spikes). the secondary is going to get shredded and they will get gashed by the run.

like, this will be a really really good season if they can win 7 games.

Uncle Wimp 08-25-2007 11:31 AM

An entire post about the problems with the Bills without mentioning Losman. The Bills must really be in a bad way.

I'm not sold on Losman as the answer at QB. I hope I'm wrong about him. We'll see if the line is really improved what the guy can do.

But don't look too much into the pre-season record. What was the Bills' record in pre-season in the Marv Levy years anyway?

MacGuyV 08-25-2007 12:29 PM

Thread

I can't say last night's game really changed much for me. I still don't think McGahee will be missed & still think the defense will stink. Why they invested so much in Reed/Kelsay instead of using that $ towards Clements is baffling to me. They desparately need a run-stuffing DT too.

PokerFink 08-25-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was the Bills' record in pre-season in the Marv Levy years anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they consistantly lose every preseason game?

Not that it matters much; the Bills have little hope for this year.

SMIGLET 08-25-2007 08:26 PM

the offense is what will win games this year, the bills defense looks to be completely rebuilding. depending on losman to win is not what you want, even tho there was dramatic improvement last season. as a jets fan i have to say the bills always give afc east rivals alotta trouble, but with mcgahee gone and every team in the division improved, there is next to no chance for the bills to make the playoffs

FishSticks 09-06-2007 12:17 AM

Let's go Buffalo! I'm so ready for the opener.

I don't care that the Bills can't stop the run. I don't care that the Bills can't stop the pass. I don't care that the Bills can't run the ball. I don't care that half the team is a bunch of unproven scrubs no one else wants.

I 100% believe they're going to magically get better and RUN BITCH ASS DENVER RIGHT OUT OF THE [censored] STADIUM

MEbenhoe 09-06-2007 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bad Team+Tough Schedule = 4-12

[/ QUOTE ]

pokah5 09-06-2007 12:50 AM

At least you have Marshawn Lynch... and Losman is looking to have a decent year.

FishSticks 09-06-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Blind Optimism+Impact Rookies = 9-7

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jlocdog 09-06-2007 01:13 AM

I don't think we can expect more then a 7-9 season. I hate saying that too but with our tough ass schedule, shoddy defense and an offense thats a work in progress it makes it hard to optomistic on a winning year.

I will say that I expect them to be fun to watch this year though. They seem to have some decent options at the skill positions and though I don't think Losman is the answer to our problems, I do think with his scrambling ability and strong arm that he can be a playmaker (unfortunately this goes for both teams). With our Defense being weak and us playing from behind often, I look for some high scoring games and some exciting play to happen this year.

8-8 would be awesome.
9-7 would be ridiculous.
Sweeping the Dolphins would be best though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

snes chalmers 09-06-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 100% believe they're going to magically get better and RUN BITCH ASS DENVER RIGHT OUT OF THE [censored] STADIUM

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, no.

AquaSwing 09-06-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Denver fan I hate to agree with the Bills winning this Sunday against Denver. Denver has come out flat in the first game the last two years against St. Louis and Miami. I don't expect it any different this year.

stormstarter28 09-07-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Denver fan I hate to agree with the Bills winning this Sunday against Denver. Denver has come out flat in the first game the last two years against St. Louis and Miami. I don't expect it any different this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you should expect it to be different. Denver will blow the Bills out of the water.

BobOjedaFan 09-07-2007 06:29 PM

I in all honesty think the Bills have a chance to go 1-15, possibly even 0-16 this year. Combined their horrendous QB, losing their runningback, the pats/jets improving and their schedule. People are laughing at me, but I think 0-16 is a real possiblity here.

FishSticks 09-07-2007 06:33 PM

lol retard - their horrendous QB was the 11th rated passer in the NFL last year. What do you mean losing their quarterback?

TheNoodleMan 09-07-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I in all honesty think the Bills have a chance to go 1-15, possibly even 0-16 this year. Combined their horrendous QB, losing their runningback, the pats/jets improving and their schedule. People are laughing at me, but I think 0-16 is a real possiblity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously didn't see Losman play the second half of last year. He isn't horrendous. There is no chance they go 1-15.

MacGuyV 09-07-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You obviously didn't see Losman play the second half of last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thremp 09-07-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather take your monies than laugh. Lets bet dollarz.

Dominic 09-07-2007 08:50 PM

I feel it's going to be a frustrating - yet promising - year. 8-8 would be impressive...the schedule is just too tough, the defense too unproven and that adds up to too much pressure on Losman, Lynch and Evans.

However, I do think they are building a team that will have a solid chance of going deep in the playoffs in '08.

Go Bills!

BobOjedaFan 09-07-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously didn't see Losman play the second half of last year. He isn't horrendous. There is no chance they go 1-15.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right 1-15 would surprise me somewhat, 0-16 is likely more probable.

rafiki 09-07-2007 10:33 PM

the fact that you play outdoors in Nov-Dec alone gives you 3 wins. So don't worry about it Bills fan. Also I need Evans to catch 110 balls [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

MacGuyV 09-08-2007 03:46 AM

Keep reading those 2006 magazine previews & not watching games...that's real insightful.
In other news Nick Saban is God.

12ressiMorP 09-08-2007 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I'm sick of people calling the Bills a bad team. They are not a bad team and they weren't a bad team last year either. They would probably win the NFC West if they played in it. That said, they're schedule this year is so hard that it will be a great achievement to reach 500.

stormstarter28 09-08-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I'm sick of people calling the Bills a bad team. They are not a bad team and they weren't a bad team last year either. They would probably win the NFC West if they played in it. That said, they're schedule this year is so hard that it will be a great achievement to reach 500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they certainly weren't "good" last year, and they lost 3 key players, so, I would say they're "worse" than their "not good" '06 team, so...yeah, I can't make it sound any better. They're bad.

CrazyPsycho 09-08-2007 11:31 AM

They'll win Sunday, but suck the rest of the year. See the 31-0 smoking of the Patriots a few years back.

I just hate the defense so much, especially with no Ellison. And I have no faith in Fairchild opening up the offense enough to let JP shine. Not a fan of Lynch either. But that's just based off the preseason. I could be dead wrong.

daman123 09-08-2007 03:02 PM

This is funny. Again, there is no way they will win the division and an extremely small chance they will even make 8-8 so people just think they are bad.

Compare Buffalo to another team in the division people think are a good team, New York. How many more wins do they have this year than Buffalo? I would say one if any. This is not a very good team at all. Last year they got lucky with the week 17 [censored] of Denver and Cinci. The line between winning and losing in the NFL is very slim as you know. The Bills beat them once (should have been twice).

Point is that they can clearly hang with a team most people consider good. Hell, they lost to NE by 2, Detroit by 3 (they looked very bad that game), the future world champions by 1 and Tennessee by 1.

The 2006 team was probably slightly better than the 2007 team, but neither team can be considered bad. Like 12 said, they would probably win the NFC west. My predictions for 07, the bills go 7-9 and miss the playoffs.

BobOjedaFan 09-08-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'de probably win the NL Central if they played in it.

MacGuyV 09-08-2007 03:53 PM

They definitely would've won the nfc west in 2004. Last year I dunno - I can't really say they were better than their record because they were pretty lucky to beat the Jags, Packers & Texans the way they played in those games.

The losses of Fletcher & Spikes have been hugely overstated IMO because it's not like they could stop the run with those guys. The defense can't be better w/out Clements though; especially if this Webster guy is going to start.

daman123 09-08-2007 04:27 PM

Yeah the sheer number of tackles Fletcher had last year doesn't really mean anything. Someone has to bring the runner down when he gashes through the middle for 8 to 12 yards. I'll take the youth of Poz and Crowell anyday.

Magra 09-08-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Compare Buffalo to another team in the division people think are a good team, New York. How many more wins do they have this year than Buffalo? I would say one if any. This is not a very good team at all. Last year they got lucky with the week 17 [censored] of Denver and Cinci. The line between winning and losing in the NFL is very slim as you know. The Bills beat them once (should have been twice).

Point is that they can clearly hang with a team most people consider good. Hell, they lost to NE by 2, Detroit by 3 (they looked very bad that game), the future world champions by 1 and Tennessee by 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You do know that last year, the Jets controlled their own destiny going into week 17? They win, they in.

2) Except for the retarded ESPN analysts, no one expects the Jets to do amazing this year. Most people that actually have a knowledge in football are predicting between 7 and 9 wins. They could certainly win more, and could certainly win less.

3) To go along with your 'they can hang with anyone' line, the Jets beat NE once (very close game the other time, and an awesome game up until the last 5 minutes in the playoffs), hung with the future champs till the last second, beat Tenny, etc etc. You can't say that NY is a bad team, then state reasons that help show NY is a good team.

Obviously we couldn't make this happen, but if the Bills were in the NFC West, I would put up to $500 they would not win the division this year. Last year, maybe, but not this year. You lost too much on defense, and the offense is still a bit shaky.

I say between 6 and 8 wins for the Bills this year. Give them two years, they'll be strong again to make the AFC East a strong division.

But hey, lets agree on one good thing for the Bills. You face Miami twice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

12ressiMorP 09-09-2007 03:30 AM

FTR, I'm not a Bills fan, I'm from New England actually. The loss of Clements is troubling, but the addition of Dockery could be huge. He was outright dominant last year, and played better than everyone else on that Redskins line. And they had a damn good line. There's something about the Bills that works. Jauron and Levy are good together.

jlocdog 09-09-2007 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8-8 would be awesome.
9-7 would be ridiculous.
Sweeping the Dolphins would be best though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprised and even more disappointed that this didn't get more of a reaction out of bills fans. Come on boys. We all know the season really is about squishing the fish. And I don't give a crap if a dolphin ain't a fish, ok.

stealthcow 09-09-2007 10:22 AM

i had a dream last night the bills would win 23-16 today...

daman123 09-09-2007 10:42 AM

then it shall be so.

Dominic 09-09-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
8-8 would be awesome.
9-7 would be ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprised and even more disappointed that this didn't get more of a reaction out of bills fans. Come on boys. We all know the season really is about squishing the fish. And I don't give a crap if a dolphin ain't a fish, ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, it's the Jets. The Bills could go 2-14 and as long as those two wins were against the hated Jets I'd be happy.

34TheTruth34 09-09-2007 12:01 PM

The perfect season starts today, boys. 0-16 FTW!

Dominic 09-09-2007 12:46 PM

Go Bills!

http://www.fivestarbilliards.com/Mer...01/27-6021.jpg