Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NL100 QQ in BB ugly action (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554167)

Sonnix 11-25-2007 02:41 PM

NL100 QQ in BB ugly action

He is regular on NL100, solid player. He has about 230$, i have about 100$.

Hero dealt QQ
SB raises to 3.5$
Hero reraises to 10.5$
SB rereraises to 28.5$

Hero?

brandysbich 11-25-2007 03:08 PM

Re: NL100 QQ in BB ugly action

Easy shove

tmcdmck 11-25-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove

[/ QUOTE ]

not an easy shove. but yeah, i think it is still a shove, since i can imagine AQs and JJ in their range, and maybe even AQo and TT.

how_can_losing? 11-25-2007 04:14 PM

What is your image? How often have you 3bet? How often has he 4bet? Hard to answer this without some reads.

brandysbich 11-25-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove

[/ QUOTE ]

not an easy shove. but yeah, i think it is still a shove, since i can imagine AQs and JJ in their range, and maybe even AQo and TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually a really easy shove. You're OOP so just calling then getting it in is terrible...and you couldnt be possibly thinking of laying it down..so yes...really easy shove. Your ranges are pretty accurate for a solid reg.

tmcdmck 11-25-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually a really easy shove. You're OOP so just calling then getting it in is terrible...and you couldnt be possibly thinking of laying it down..so yes...really easy shove. Your ranges are pretty accurate for a solid reg.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah was basically my logic. the only reason i put it down as not easy is that i think alot of people would be surprised by how little this is AQ/TT. that being said, its pretty horrible for metagame laying down QQ, there is a solid amount in the pot, and QQ performs well enough vs AK to make up for the chance that hero is up against AA/ KK

Sonnix 11-25-2007 05:17 PM

Thanks for the answers.

I was 3betting alot, because he raised alot from the sb. This was the first 4bet. My Image was aggressiv, maybe a bit to aggressiv.
I put it all in and got called by AA. His aces held up.

Toronto86er 11-25-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is a stop n go 'terrible' here?

brandysbich 11-25-2007 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because the flop could go check check and if its ace or king high by the turn you'll really have no idea where you stand and with only around a pot sized bet left its just an ugly spot to be in. Also you dont get value out of TT JJ and could easily get bluffed off the best hand

RED FACE 11-25-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because the flop could go check check and if its ace or king high by the turn you'll really have no idea where you stand and with only around a pot sized bet left its just an ugly spot to be in. Also you dont get value out of TT JJ and could easily get bluffed off the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that a full stacked reg will call the push w TT and JJ? I guess he would assume he is 50:50 or crushed or bluff catching.

I think a stop and go is problematic not just for the issue you raise but it would narrow our pushing group down to AK, KK, and AA, no? And this is too easy to play against this recently aggressive reg.

If it weren't for this I would like to call and go for a cr on any flop inc A or K and if he checks flop behind then bet non A,K turn.

I don't think we can get value from this villain holding 88-TT, AQ any other way. I doubt he is calling pf push often enough with worse so we have to give him a chance to bet flop with full range but I don't play full stacked so my assessment may be off.