Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   could US collapse like the USSR did ? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544102)

Tornado69 11-12-2007 03:47 AM

could US collapse like the USSR did ?

With all the overprinting of $ catching up and the US about to go into recession, is it possible for them to collapse like the USSR are did ? I mean they are pretty much bankrupt and that's why their borrowing so much $. What does the US have to fall back on other than selling military weapons? I mean they've shipped so many jobs overseas. Would they be less likely to collapse because they have privitized a lot of things unlike the USSR ? Did the USSR have inflation and overprinting of $ like the US does ?

DontRaiseMeBro 11-12-2007 04:23 AM

Re: could US collapse like the USSR did ?

i believe so. The U.S. has bitten off more than it can chew and we will soon see a depression that will make 1929 look like 1995. And we will party like its 1999.

i don't know what i'm talking about..

Ron Burgundy 11-12-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean they've shipped so many jobs overseas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shipping jobs overseas is good for the economy, but that's a whole different topic.

We certainly could collapse. The monteary system is a scam. Socialized health care would be a big step towards implosion.

tomdemaine 11-12-2007 05:47 AM

Could, should and will.

BluffTHIS! 11-12-2007 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does the US have to fall back on other than selling military weapons?

[/ QUOTE ]

Default/repudiation of foreign debt like Argentina?

The once and future king 11-12-2007 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Socialized health care would be a big step towards implosion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amount spent on killing/potential to kill humanbeings by USA gov >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;amount spent on healing for its own citizens.

Inso0 11-12-2007 09:53 AM

Don't any of you socialized healthcare advocates realize that your medical breakthroughs are coming on the backs of my private health insurance dollars?

And no, I don't think we could collapse like the USSR did. Before that happened, I think the GOP would finally get off its collective asses and do something about the rapid degridation of the fabric of our society.

NewTeaBag 11-12-2007 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...I think the GOP would finally get off its collective asses and do something about the rapid degridation of the fabric of our society.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to elaborate on this "fabric degradation"!

NeBlis 11-12-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...I think the GOP would finally get off its collective asses and do something about the rapid degridation of the fabric of our society.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to elaborate on this "fabric degradation"!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna guess that he thinks somehow Buttsecks, pot smoke, and brown ppl cause a moral degradation.

bobman0330 11-12-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Amount spent on killing/potential to kill humanbeings by USA gov ~= amount spent on healing for its own citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Feel free to keep making [censored] up though.