Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ANOTHER DUMB POKEREV THREAD! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492783)

shipitkthx 09-03-2007 05:11 PM

READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ANOTHER DUMB POKEREV THREAD!

The inability of people to use/understand PokerEV [censored] amazes me.

Quote from the guy who makes PokerEV:

- Please use the "Luck Tab" graphs to tell how well you're running, which uses all-in hands. The others calculate SB on all hands which is useful for analysis but can skew the luck results toward running good or bad.

Yah, thats right, the "Game Analysis Graphs" [b]AREN'T EVEN [censored] ACCURATE ACCORDING TO THE [censored] GUY WHO DESIGNED THE [censored] SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!! STOP [censored] USING/POSTING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're gonna do a poker EV graph, do it exactly like this:

http://www.pokerevsoftware.com/images/luck.gif

Just use those exact [censored] options and you can see whether or not you are running bad. Also, the simple fact that some of you are so dumb that you can't figure this out says that regardless of how you are running, you suck at poker and life.

/rant

holdme 09-03-2007 05:14 PM

Re: READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ANOTHER DUMB POKEREV THREAD!

okay?

shaundeeb 09-03-2007 05:16 PM

nh op

jfish 09-03-2007 05:18 PM

and life??

CrazyJoe113 09-03-2007 05:25 PM

what about those of us that dont get all in on every hand?

shipitkthx 09-03-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about those of us that dont get all in on every hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is IMPOSSIBLE to calculate true street by street equity for a number of reasons. If you never get allin, then sorry this software does nothing for you.

holdme 09-03-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is IMPOSSIBLE to calculate true street by street equity for a number of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol what?

PartysOver 09-03-2007 05:34 PM

fold equity
range equity
etc

shipitkthx 09-03-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is IMPOSSIBLE to calculate true street by street equity for a number of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i'll give you one of them:

Selection Bias, not all hands make showdown. You get 50bbs in on flop and turn on a drawy board, villian check/calls with bad odds, villian decides he is going to shove any river.

A. River card from hell hits, villian shoves, you fold.
B. River is blank, villian shoves, you call and win.

PokerEV now calculates your street by street equity from hand B and adds the equity to your totals, but it completely ignores hand A because his hole cards weren't known. So in other words every time you run good and he misses his draw PokerEV counts the equity, but when you run bad and he hits his draw it doesn't because you folded the river.

LethargicMule 09-03-2007 05:44 PM

finally someone said said, stop posting that useless piece of..

Eskaborr 09-03-2007 05:45 PM

http://www.donkeymanifesto.com/lookatthat2.jpg

Does this mean I run bad? This is over 19k hands.

Eskaborr 09-03-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just use those exact [censored] options and you can see whether or not you are running bad. Also, the simple fact that some of you are so dumb that you can't figure this out says that regardless of how you are running, you suck at poker and life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this this so god damn funny. Especially when the retarded OP didn't even choose the options correctly. How do you make a rant post and get it completely wrong? Its all in winnings vs expected all in winnings. You are right in that is all that matters... but you have it set to total winnings vs expected total winnings which is the same thing as the tab you were telling people not to use, moron.

shipitkthx 09-03-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this this so god damn funny. Especially when the retarded OP didn't even choose the options correctly. How do you make a rant post and get it completely wrong? Its all in winnings vs expected all in winnings. You are right in that is all that matters... but you have it set to total winnings vs expected total winnings which is the same thing as the tab you were telling people not to use, moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG. Setting to total winnings just shows your actual net winnings + your allin equity. It is completely different from the numbers used on the game analysis tab. Try to have a clue about what you are talking about before calling me a moron.

In the example I gave, the green line is what your graph would like in Pokergrapher, the red line is what it would look like if you added in your adjusted allin equity.

apefish 09-03-2007 06:03 PM

It's moran, morans.

Eskaborr 09-03-2007 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG. Setting to total winnings just shows your actual net winnings + your allin equity. It is completely different from the numbers used on the game analysis tab. Try to have a clue about what you are talking about before calling me a moron.

In the example I gave, the green line is what your graph would like in Pokergrapher, the red line is what it would look like if you added in your adjusted allin equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize, ive been up all night losing monies and running bad(i think!?!?). I am obv the moran, now tell me if I run the bad?

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1263/rungoodca8.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1...ed02962b8b.jpg

shipitkthx 09-03-2007 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize, ive been up all night losing monies and running bad(i think!?!?). I am obv the moran, now tell me if I run the bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Accepted, and yah u're running bad.

Barrin6 09-03-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ACtually, you play like [censored] and run bad at the same time. So no matter what, you still lose.

Eskaborr 09-03-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ACtually, you play like [censored] and run bad at the same time. So no matter what, you still lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH really? You can tell all this from a 2 day graph? How is it i play like [censored]?

Barrin6 09-03-2007 09:04 PM

YOU SUCK

Cause you lose? I don't know.

T-God 09-03-2007 09:11 PM

Re: YOU SUCK

Shipit, you're an [censored]. Thanks for delaying the whole FF process by being too lazy to tell me you don't want to play.

keikiwai 09-03-2007 09:13 PM

lol op, you're OCD right?

SmokeyRidesAgain 09-03-2007 09:35 PM

Like anybody gives a [censored] how you're running.

ffr 11-16-2007 05:58 PM

So do this mean I am really running this bad over the last 6 months?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...yvsresults.jpg

How can I run this bad over a 6 month period? Are we sure this program is correct in these graphs? Everyone seems to be running bad that has posted these things. Or is it just that the people that aren't running bad have no reason to post them?

cowpig 11-16-2007 06:18 PM

yea you're running like ass, and obviously nobody wants to admit they're running superhot (whereas everyone loves to bitch about running bad)

vetiver 11-16-2007 06:23 PM

Disagree with original poster.

Blue line (SW) v. Red line (SB) in Game Analysis gives us a better idea of how we're running than just All-Ins. For example, I just finished a hand where I raise to $9 pf w/ AK, flop AT3. Bet 15, called. Turn = 4, Bet 40, he calls. River = 9 he leads out for $33 and I call he wins A9. I'll show a greater gain in SB than SW for that hand, and it will indicate that I ran poorly.

For every time that you're way ahead in equity but then the 4-flush hits on the river and you have to fold out, the reverse will happen and offset discrepancies. Even if you're a superior/inferior reader and get into more/less of these situations, it still doesn't bias the results to include showdown SB's vs. SWs.

Software maker didn't make game analysis chart for no reason, imo.

allyasia 11-16-2007 06:26 PM

yo, please included the blue line.
your graphic is normal, for A NIT.
Red line above $0, that mean your making more +EV decision.
green line below red line from sept-Oct, because you have tighten up your game, and fold too much (get push around)
if i'm not mistaking, your blue line will be above the Red line. It's standard graphic resoult for a NIT.

allyasia 11-16-2007 06:30 PM

i personally find poker ev very use for.
NIT, blue line above red line, and green line below the red line.
nood, blue line below the red line, and green line above the red line.
Fish, red line below $0. blue line below red line, and green line above blue line.

Leveh 11-16-2007 06:34 PM

Game analysis tab can show you if you are running bad and also tell you if you're playing poorly in pots that don't go to showdown. Learn to read the graphs before you rant.

allyasia 11-16-2007 06:37 PM

if you are really running bad
Red line above $0
both blue and green line are below $0
that happen to me one day, after 2 hr of playing, i run poker ev, and see it's not my day, and i stop playing, went out for a drink instead.

ffr 11-16-2007 07:35 PM

Why would your "Total Winnings" need to be below $0 for you to think someone was running real bad?

Just for agrument sake, what if you got it all in with pocket Aces vs A/K 100 times and only won 55...you would still show a profit (assuming all the pots were the same), but I don't think anyone would disagree that you ran real bad.