Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   reraised pots in position -- hand choice nl cash (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483683)

whaahhahahah 08-22-2007 10:40 AM

reraised pots in position -- hand choice nl cash

dynamics -- 100bb stacks, 30 hands in. you're raising frequently preflop in position. opponent isn't playing back much, probably reraising oop about 7-8%.

you haven't played a reraised pot with him, but based on his play elsewhere you expect him to play a very average game oop in reraised pots.

anyway, you raise to 3bb. he repops to 9bb.

how would you rank these decisions?

a) call with 44
b) fold 44
c) call with AJo
d) fold AJo
e) call with 87s
f) fold 87s

because his range is pretty tight and because we have position, i can't see much merit in raising these hands.

HEK 08-22-2007 12:08 PM

Re: reraised pots in position -- hand choice nl cash

call all 3

HEK 08-22-2007 12:09 PM

sometimes 4bet 78s tho depending on your early image.

abcjnich 08-22-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call all 3

[/ QUOTE ]

And with the 44 im calling not just for a set.

HEK 08-22-2007 12:15 PM

i'm calling for QUADS!

MasterLJ 08-22-2007 01:02 PM

Calling with 44 is the easiest. You are playing for set value. I'll peal a T23 flop as well and try to showdown.

AJ is a no brainer... in very rare circumstances I might 4-bet looking to get AI (not vs villain described though).

87s is a fold vs someone that tight.

FWIW, I think it's a FAR more interesting discussion to talk about hands like QJ,JT,J9,KJ,KT,A9 in this spot.

whaahhahahah 08-22-2007 01:39 PM

i might be wrong but i think if you play a straightforward game you lose money calling with the aj hand against the tight player -- not that you have to play a straightforward game.

i think the same thing about the 44 hand. if most players scroll through the hands where they hit a set, their average winnings probably aren't as high as they think they are -- and this doesn't even include set over set, getting drawn out, etc.

MasterLJ 08-22-2007 01:44 PM

Re-raising OOP 8% is ATs+, 22+, KQo, KQs and some other crap thrown in there, it's not that tight.

To flat call with 44 you have to be willing to peel some flops although I totally agree that you aren't making that much with your sets as you probably think you are.

What's your calling range whaahahahahhahhaahhahahahaha? (I hate your name btw =P)

phatjeffrey 08-22-2007 01:48 PM

i thought folding AJo > calling with it.

44 and 78s are an easy call.

whaahhahahah 08-22-2007 02:57 PM

my calling range depends mostly on the flow of the game.

as for the ajo and 44 lines, i think it's easy to get in a mode of call for a flop and fold unimproved, especially if you're multitabling