Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How to play turn here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550404)

Tryptamean 11-20-2007 03:32 AM

How to play turn here?

only have stats on this guy 50/18/.9

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>

sharpie 11-20-2007 03:35 AM

Re: How to play turn here?

I would usually check/raise, but these types often check behind their weak pairs for cheap showdowns so I don't mind donking. I think he'll bet his draws, though.

rzk 11-20-2007 04:14 AM

my guess is he'll bet often enough to justify a c/r.

thrasher789 11-20-2007 12:35 PM

I don't understand donking the turn here to be honest, wouldn't c/r be a million times better?

Tryptamean 11-20-2007 12:40 PM

looks like that's the consensus, and I have to agree in retrospect. I've just been taking lines that involve donking made hands lately. its nice cuz you dont have to worry about any checking behind [censored]. In this case, since I'm SB with a wide range, I dont like it. I should reserve this line for a similar situation when I'm in early or middle position and that will be a scarier card for my opponent

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-20-2007 12:53 PM

It would be a disaster though if he checks behind.

yourface 11-20-2007 01:08 PM

what kind of hands would villain check behind given the chance but fold to a bet?

it can't be a disaster when he checks behind if all we lose is 0.8BB of value

Tryptamean 11-20-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of hands would villain check behind given the chance but fold to a bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

gutters and Ax I suppose, but I'm hoping he at least calls with these hands.

another benefit is that my line will sometimes induce spew from these types of hands, cuz people hate donk bets in general

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-20-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it can't be a disaster when he checks behind if all we lose is 0.8BB of value

[/ QUOTE ]

He may check behind with some random draw and not put in any money on the river? I guess it hard to see anyon checking behind there with a draw but there are so many I hate to give free cards there, plus donk betting pisses people off in general

yourface 11-20-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I'm hoping he at least calls with these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea for sure.

my definition of a disaster is to put villain in a very +EV situation that we could prevent by making the correct bet or raise. this involves giving free or cheap cards in big pots

in this situation, the kind of hands that villain may check behind have 3-5 outs vs us. that is 12.5%-20% equity in a 4BB pot, a mistake of 0.5BB to 0.8BB. not a disaster imo

most villains aren't going to be taking that free card in this spot regardless. in a situation where he should know (and at the 10/20 level almost certainly does know) that hero has a wide range to b/c this flop, the K is most likely not going to scare him into checking behind a pair or giving up on a semibluff. as for Ax hands, they usually just call down from the flop