Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   razor thin? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450306)

mike0292 07-13-2007 02:39 PM

razor thin?

this should be interesting. villain is wuleq, 24/14 reg who hates me. He's called me down thin a couple times and thinks I'm an aggro clown. He has called my 3 bets light a couple times but we don't clash too much. This is the first time I 3 bet him this session.

Flop: Wasn't sure how I felt here. I think that usually if I get it in on this flop I'm not going to be ahead. I check, planning on c/r ai if he bets hoping to be called lightly.

Turn: I bet here because everyone calls here with a pair + spade.

River: Queen doesn't really change too much unless he had KQ/QJ. I think that a shove could be called by one of his pairs with a spade that decides to make a hero call since I look pretty bluffy.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $22</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $68</font>, 3 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($148, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($148, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $115</font>, CO calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($378, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $248.7</font>

Josh. 07-13-2007 02:45 PM

Re: razor thin?

if he calls, you lose way more often than not

AbreuTime 07-13-2007 02:53 PM

I think I would rather c/c, since I don't think you get value from any hands (9x, if he/you are crazy). Since the push is only 2/3 pot, I dont know if he can really put you on air here (since you are less likely to bluff spades OOP for such a small bet).

I c/c, and don't worry about losing value. (This seems thin even for HU, no?) If you play this guy regularly, then maaaaybe I make this push. Is he really calling with a 9 here, more often than he bets busted spades?

mike0292 07-13-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would rather c/c, since I don't think you get value from any hands (9x, if he/you are crazy). Since the push is only 2/3 pot, I dont know if he can really put you on air here (since you are less likely to bluff spades OOP for such a small bet).

I c/c, and don't worry about losing value. (This seems thin even for HU, no?) If you play this guy regularly, then maaaaybe I make this push. Is he really calling with a 9 here, more often than he bets busted spades?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT/JJ/KK i think could convince themselves to call. Although of course I could be overestimating the average 2/4 TAG and my image

RiverHebrew2 07-13-2007 02:58 PM

I dont like 3betting with Axs. I dont like river at ALL...

Josh. 07-13-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT/JJ/KK i think could convince themselves to call. Although of course I could be overestimating the average 2/4 TAG and my image

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but Q makes sense and so does AJ

trplthrt 07-13-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he calls, you lose or split always

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrabon98 07-13-2007 03:11 PM

This is pretty bad against wuleq as a value bet

AbreuTime 07-13-2007 03:48 PM

If you were 3betting air, would you check the flop (then bet the turn and river)? I doubt it, but I could be wrong. At least, it doesn't really look like air. If you had cbet, then checked turn, then a 9 may pay you off.

captainwacky 07-13-2007 03:49 PM

if you ever got called by a worse hand here.... at least by wuleq