Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Fold KK after 4 -bet on q high flop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397277)

Kooox 05-07-2007 06:39 AM

Fold KK after 4 -bet on q high flop?

No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $185.50
BB: $262.50
UTG: $200
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $224.75</font>
CO: $197
BTN: $317.60

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is 19.9/7.8/1.2 over 450 hands. Usually passive pf but very aggressive on every street.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $22</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $70</font>,
----- FLOP ----- [6h 8c Qd] (sry, converter messed up)
BB: checks

what now? I donīt really see him calling my 4-bet with anything but AA, KK, QQ, KK being unlikely. Any reasonable bet commits me to the hand.
Bet around $75, fold to push? check, evaluate on turn?

kayfish77 05-07-2007 06:46 AM

Re: Fold KK after 4 -bet on q high flop?

the thing is he has to be feeling the same things about your bet. i think its right to fold here though. however, why did we 4bet if were going to check-fold nearly any flop that comes? it almost seems u turned kk into a bluff here which seems rather bad. if no queen comes off are u still going to be eager to stack off? what if the flop is ak2? just something to think about

Casper05 05-07-2007 06:50 AM

check; I think he drops QQ pre...KK/AA/AK. Let him bluff his AK on the turn and push over that. If you bet the flop, you are not folding. Unless an A turns, you aren't folding.

MortenTA 05-07-2007 06:51 AM

I dont think betting this flop accomplishes anything but getting worse hands to fold.

I would think that a check might induce a bluff from an aggressive player on the turn..

FWIW im probably going broke here

Kooox 05-07-2007 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
however, why did we 4bet if were going to check-fold nearly any flop that comes? it almost seems u turned kk into a bluff here which seems rather bad. if no queen comes off are u still going to be eager to stack off? what if the flop is ak2?

[/ QUOTE ]
Iīm not check-folding nearly any flop, only an A or Q worry me. I'm not folding a set of kings obv.

[ QUOTE ]
I would think that a check might induce a bluff from an aggressive player on the turn..

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
check; I think he drops QQ pre...KK/AA/AK. Let him bluff his AK on the turn and push over that. If you bet the flop, you are not folding. Unless an A turns, you aren't folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this would have been the correct line (why would he drop QQ and not AK though?).
I think for a while before checking, T on turn and villain instantly shoves, I time out. My KK ran into a flopped set of jacks a couple hands earlier and I was still kinda shell-shocked (allthough I lucked out for a split pot).
Still kind of marginal situation I guess. Thanks for the input guys.

SANrider 05-07-2007 09:51 AM

I agree with casper and morten...Im not even gonna try to make a hero fold here...you've already got so much invested, and you're way ahead of his range...I like a check on the flop and a shove over any reasonable turn bet...However, if an ace comes on the turn i would try to play pot control and check it down, possibly folding to a convincing bet.