Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   two, two worthless draws, ah ah ah (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=29040)

creedofhubris 02-05-2006 07:09 AM

two, two worthless draws, ah ah ah

5-10 game. 100 bb stacks, mostly. Mix of chumps and regulars.

An unusual flop, one where I was unable to come up with an instant plan. thought I'd solicit comments.

3 limpers, I limp in on the cutoff with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], button limps too, blinds complete. 7-way.

Flop:

J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me. Top pair, draws to things that may well be no good. Two clean outs!

Plan for hand?

thabadguy 02-05-2006 09:09 AM

Re: two, two worthless draws, ah ah ah

If i flop anything...pair, draw.. anything..and checked to me...i bet...str8 outta brunson.
So here, ill bet...then depending on the sort of action you get...figure out the rest..
Bet whatever u normally bet as a CB i.e 2/3 or 3/4 or full.

flawless_victory 02-05-2006 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If i flop anything...pair, draw.. anything..and checked to me...i bet...str8 outta brunson.
So here, ill bet...then depending on the sort of action you get...figure out the rest..
Bet whatever u normally bet as a CB i.e 2/3 or 3/4 or full.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree w/ this.
go ahead and bet 3/4 or a little nore and tell us what happened next.
why would u want to make a "plan" right now? i will never understand this? so many diff things could happen, plans sucjk.

fnord_too 02-05-2006 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

why would u want to make a "plan" right now? i will never understand this? so many diff things could happen, plans sucjk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when you have three f'in opponents.

I bet here and see what happens.

raptor517 02-05-2006 10:11 AM

i bet 56 here. as far as what happens after this? 7 opponents. who the hell knows. i like my hand though. holla

BluffTHIS! 02-05-2006 11:03 AM

I'm as big a fan as anyone of betting when checked to, but this is an unraised pot and you have someone yet to act behind you, and with a hand that has the potential to both make a monster or get you in trouble. So with no real equity to protect in a multiway pot, checking and calling a reasonable bet is the line that lets you possibly make a hand to break someone, while not risking getting run off that opportunity either. All this assumes you don't think this is a hand worth goint to the felt with on the flop in a multiway unraised pot, which I don't.

Parlay Slow 02-05-2006 01:02 PM

the plan would be to bet and see what happens

4betaboutit 02-05-2006 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the plan would be to bet and see what happens

[/ QUOTE ]

Spokey 02-05-2006 11:37 PM

why not just check your hand. Your hand is probably beaten at this point, and there are a big chance of getting check\raised here. Check\call, and you wont outplay yourself in this hand.

02-05-2006 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just check your hand. Your hand is probably beaten at this point, and there are a big chance of getting check\raised here. Check\call, and you wont outplay yourself in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

go home

you have TP, an OESD, a flush draw, not to mention the OESFD.

bet