Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=178187)

Dynasty 08-03-2006 08:54 PM

Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

As the new editor of the Magazine, I'm asking for opinions on how to improve it going forward.

One change I'd like to see is the inclusion of more Stud articles. Of the 239 articles the Magazine has published since January, 2005, only one was about Stud. One more was about Stud/8 and another was about Razz. Stud has been woefully underpreprsented in the Magazine.

So, I'd like to encourage all the Stud forum posters who have an article idea to make a submission to the Magazine. Feel free to contact me (via PM or e-mail) before doing any writing if you want to discuss the article in advance.

All authors who get published recieve $200 per article.

dboy23 08-03-2006 10:05 PM

Re: Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

I'd love to see more stud articles. Stud is my primary game and it is hard to find good advice about it.

mscags 08-03-2006 10:24 PM

I'd be interested with writing something about stud8 if anyone has any good ideas, but Andy B could probably do a better job than I could.

Leavenfish 08-03-2006 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to see more stud articles. Stud is my primary game and it is hard to find good advice about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be why I am making so much money at Stud...I'm not brilliant, just better than 90% of the people I play. While I'd love to see more Stud articles...I cringe at the thought of it.

Perhaps I could offer more $$ to not publisher an article? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

---Leavenfish

dboy23 08-04-2006 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be why I am making so much money at Stud...I'm not brilliant, just better than 90% of the people I play. While I'd love to see more Stud articles...I cringe at the thought of it.

Perhaps I could offer more $$ to not publisher an article? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a few articles on 2 + 2 will change your winrate.

Bartholow 08-04-2006 09:17 AM

In fact, articles like those in the 2+2 magazine will mostly just get new players interested in the game, which will HELP your winrate.

MRBAA 08-04-2006 09:28 AM

Is the author's agreement for one time use in the magazine or is it all rights?

Dynasty 08-04-2006 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the author's agreement for one time use in the magazine or is it all rights?

[/ QUOTE ]

The article stays on the website for three months.

MRBAA 08-04-2006 12:55 PM

So is that the sole usage which 2+2 is purchasing 3 months in the online magazine, and all rights to the author otherwise?

Dynasty 08-04-2006 02:32 PM

Yes.

I believe you can find all the details in the Magazine itself.