Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Insane River Bluff Raise worked (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507842)

Grandma_DOG 09-23-2007 09:48 PM

Insane River Bluff Raise worked

What in hell happened at the River? Why did my crazy bluff raise work?

Table texture : I'd been running roughshod over the table, winning over 35BB. Showing down winners, and the table was a bit spooked, I think. Most were passive.

Poker Stars
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $16
HERO: $94.50
MP1: $39.50
MP2: $42.25
CO: $16
Button: $93.50
SB: $64
BB: $24

Pre-flop: (8 players) HERO is UTG+1 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, HERO calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, HERO calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">HERO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, HERO calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises</font>, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to HERO.

Results:
Final pot: 14BB

bbartlog 09-23-2007 10:00 PM

Re: Insane River Bluff Raise worked

Nicely done. It worked because hardly anyone is going to be bluffing in that spot.

Grandma_DOG 09-23-2007 10:31 PM

I did it out of sheer desperation while drooling over the size of the pot. I've never River bluff raised before, and at these limits few would muck. But the size of the pot made it worth a shot.

Do other players bluff raise at the river on a regular, but selective basis?

HOWMANY 09-23-2007 10:33 PM

You probably had the best hand.

Gobias Ind. 09-24-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably had the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz 09-24-2007 05:01 AM

I was going to stay out of this, but I like the bet and now you guys seem to be disparaging it! SB might have folded a pair of kings or aces, or even two low pair.

Buzz

RobNottsUk 09-24-2007 06:10 AM

I think the SB was on a flush draw, and put Hero on Nut Lo draw. HU he decided to semi-bluff raise the turn, to set up his river bluff if he missed. Then he folded (with or without pair K's or Q's) because there's 3-str8 on board and didn't think he'd be raised by someone without the nuts.

If he did have AA or a K, then his river bet was a mistake, he ought to have check/call, trying to induce a bluff in a large pot.

Grandma_DOG 09-24-2007 11:29 AM

I can't see SB with Aces or Kings. He had a great opportunity to reraise preflop to get HU and it didn't happen.

My best guess is A3 with heart flush draw.

My second best guess is two pair JQ with A3/A4.

TheCount212 09-24-2007 02:29 PM

SB had a nut low draw/nut flush draw (Ah2h or As2s), raised the turn to build a pot, and then bluffed at the river?

Grandma_DOG 09-24-2007 02:53 PM

I think so too - busted draw, semi bluff turn, bluffed river and got re-raised by some donkey who was running over the table.