Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Xbox 360 for Holidays, Premium or Elite + misc. questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553584)

DING-DONG YO 11-24-2007 03:48 PM

Xbox 360 for Holidays, Premium or Elite + misc. questions

Sorry, couldn't find the answers to these by searching.

It looks like the only real benefit to the elite is the larger hardrive. They both have HDMI now, so they can both go 1080P, no?

What other differences are there that I am missing?

Is there any risk of buying a new pre-falcon model in large chain stores anymore or are they all the Falcons so no RROD?

How does the headset that plugs into the wireless controller work? Pretty seamless or laggy? It seems that paying $60 for the wireless headset when the stock headset plugs into the wireless controller anyway is kind of silly.

Also, I know this has been covered on here before, but Halo 3 or COD 4? Are both games in 1080i? I am a huge CS/Socom fan and played both multiplayer version extensively (back in the day that is)

Thanks, VG forum!!

Grinding2Ecstasy 11-24-2007 04:42 PM

Re: Xbox 360 for Holidays, Premium or Elite + misc. questions

the elite is black, has a wireless headset, and larger HD, that's it. I doubt you'll need the HD space. I opted for the Pro. Also I'd get COD4.

Khaos4k 11-24-2007 04:49 PM

If your used to CS then it's COD 4 no question.

scotchnrocks 11-24-2007 05:28 PM

get premium pro bundle with Forza 2, and COD4 over Halo3

goofyballer 11-24-2007 11:49 PM

The wireless headset is sick baller imo. No fiddling with plugging it in or unplugging it when you won't be playing a game online, just put it on and turn it on when necessary. And it makes me feel like a CIA agent.

Taso 11-25-2007 12:43 AM

Wtf, I didn't get a headset when I got my elite.

DING-DONG YO 11-25-2007 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The wireless headset is sick baller imo. No fiddling with plugging it in or unplugging it when you won't be playing a game online, just put it on and turn it on when necessary. And it makes me feel like a CIA agent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it correct that the regular headset plugs into the wireless controller and not the 360 unit? My wife is really bitchy about cords and such. Plus it kind of defeats the purpose of a wireless controller if you still have to plug the headset into the unit imo.

MikeSmith 11-25-2007 10:26 AM

i got the elite via pokerstars, there isnt too much of a difference, but i will say when i go to a buddies house and see a white 360 i think its ugly as [censored].

Also in the future microsoft will offer IPTV so having a 120GB hard drive will be a value if you consider using that service.

Its also nice to just download anything and everything and not give a [censored] about how much space you are using, but that feeling isnt worth 100 dollars.

MikeSmith 11-25-2007 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it correct that the regular headset plugs into the wireless controller and not the 360 unit? My wife is really bitchy about cords and such. Plus it kind of defeats the purpose of a wireless controller if you still have to plug the headset into the unit imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It plugs into the controller, its not that big of deal, but the wireless is def. cooler. The wired headsets have a tendency to go out for me, just spring for a wireless once your first wired goes out.

kerowo 11-25-2007 10:31 PM

I picked up the Halo branded one and am very happy with the green body instead of the white body.