Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Main Event some guy raises UTG and gets hand killed and shows AA ??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444970)

FatalError 07-07-2007 01:22 AM

Main Event some guy raises UTG and gets hand killed and shows AA ???

just got back from 2nd break

200-400

UTG minraises to 800 and IMMEDIATELY picks up his phone and
starts sending a text message, dealer calls floor, floor kill hand

he turns up AA pissed off

folded to me with 7500 chips ATo in MP, there are 4 people left to act behind

This is a really weird situation, i mean there are 2 aces face up on the table meaning someone with AK or AQ might fold here but i'm in bad bad shape vs a pair

shaundeeb seems to think it's a clear fold i disagree

curtains 07-07-2007 01:44 AM

Re: Main Event some guy raises UTG and gets hand killed and shows AA ?

no antes at 200-400 ?

curtains 07-07-2007 01:45 AM

btw I'd thnik the exact opposite, that its a clear raise. A very large % of hands that call/play with you include aces. These hands are no longer likely to exist. Very good spot to raise with any 2 against non-genius opponents, especially if there are antes.

Of course if called your hand goes way down in value, I think this is counteracted by the fact that you are definitely less likely to be played with. Also your hand isn't that strong to begin with so a decent amount of it's value comes from stealing the blinds.

JackOfSpeed 07-07-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw I'd thnik the exact opposite, that its a clear raise. A very large % of hands that call/play with you include aces. These hands are no longer likely to exist. Very good spot to raise with any 2 against non-genius opponents, especially if there are antes.

Of course if called your hand goes way down in value, I think this is counteracted by the fact that you are definitely less likely to be played with. Also your hand isn't that strong to begin with so a decent amount of it's value comes from stealing the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the raising with ATC standpoint, it's also unlikely that a player with Ace-x will now call your raise, since they would be drawing to 4 outs for a pair instead of 6. So I like a raise here with all sorts of hands, although ATC is probably overdoing it with no antes.

curtains 07-07-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the raising with ATC standpoint, it's also unlikely that a player with Ace-x will now call your raise, since they would be drawing to 4 outs for a pair instead of 6. So I like a raise here with all sorts of hands, although ATC is probably overdoing it with no antes.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe yea, and the problem is our hand is very weak. Nearly as weak as any two cards but ok not quite. It just seems like a great chance to steal, but I'd probably be much more likely if there were antes. Maybe because the tourney starts with 20k chips and 50-100 blinds, there actually aren't antes at the 200-400 level.

shaundeeb 07-07-2007 02:13 AM

I like this with 27o more then A10o.

Here's an interesting question if you are BB are you calling with KQo there I think I wouldn't at the table but considering it's a much much stronger hand.

adanthar 07-07-2007 02:23 AM

bah it really sucks to have to fold here but I think you basically have to.

curtains 07-07-2007 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this with 27o more then A10o.

Here's an interesting question if you are BB are you calling with KQo there I think I wouldn't at the table but considering it's a much much stronger hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling with KQ? What do you mean? Facing what kind of raise?

curtains 07-07-2007 03:02 AM

wait a second there is also 800 in dead money in the pot? Screw these monkeys, make a biggish raise! They probably won't be able to properly adjust their hand values and by virtue of all aces being dead, it should be a reasonable raise with any 2.

Hands like KQ should be almost the same as AK in this spot, but I doubt your opponents will realize this. Also folding KQ in the BB as someone mentioned above cannot be right. If you wouldn't fold AK, why fold KQ in a deck that has half the aces dead?

Newt_Buggs 07-07-2007 03:37 AM

damn curtains just got to it before I could. This is a very clear raise against average opponents given the 800 in dead money from UTG.