Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   maybe too opponent specific to get a constructive thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=251139)

samoleus 11-02-2006 06:45 PM

maybe too opponent specific to get a constructive thread

Warning - this hand might not be too interesting.

HU 25-50. Opponent has about 12K and I cover. Very aggressive - especially preflop, but good.

I raise on the button with 33. Opponent re-raises from small blind. He has been reraising a fair amount - probably all pairs, all aces, any two broadway cards, occasionally suited connectors, and the occasional junk reraise. Flop 9-8-4, two diamonds. He bets pot. I call. Turn is an offsuit deuce. He checks, I check. River is an offsuit 8. He bets pot. ... I???

alphatmw 11-02-2006 07:06 PM

Re: maybe too opponent specific to get a constructive thread

looks like an obvious call to me.

aejones 11-02-2006 07:08 PM

You should call sometimes and fold sometimes.

fslexcduck 11-02-2006 07:10 PM

fold. yay for constructive advice

donkey 11-02-2006 07:19 PM

looks like an obvious fold to me.

FoxwoodsFiend 11-02-2006 07:21 PM

I would call

nycballer 11-02-2006 07:21 PM

Depends on the flow of the match. If you have not looked him up in these type of spots before, u need to do it now(i.e. low boards where a call is expected but opponent still tries to bluff).

By river your hand is clearly and underpair, 8, or 9(draw is probably raising flop if opponent is aggressive as u say). He should realize that and unless you are real passive(which you arent), he should expect to get looked up. So it's just a question of does he bluff on dry boards when a call is expected?

alphatmw 11-02-2006 07:22 PM

by the way, who bets the turn and what are the reasons for not betting it?

KLJ 11-02-2006 07:27 PM

fold/call depending on what level both of you are on. your hand is clearly defined, and if he's decent, he knows you checked for pot control/to induce.

samoleus 11-05-2006 11:16 PM

Results

I posted this hand, because I feel a reasonable argument can be made for all three of the possibilities - calling, folding, or raising (as a bluff of course). I chose to call, but in retrospect, I think folding and raising might be better options. The result was kind of interesting: he had the other two threes.