Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Where is the smart money going on Ohio v. Florida? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301037)

FeltBelt 01-07-2007 10:31 PM

Where is the smart money going on Ohio v. Florida?

After Michigan got exposed in the Rose Bowl, I would think a lot of smart money would be on Florida, as the sneaking suspicion about Ohio all year has been they are overrated.

Anyone know where the smarts are putting their money on this game?

MCS 01-07-2007 10:36 PM

Re: Where is the smart money going on Ohio v. Florida?

When the game first posted on Pinnacle at OSU -7, all the money in the world came in on Ohio State. I got shut out of a good line four separate times, and eventually ended up with -7 (-116) which I thought was gonna be way unattainable ever again, although it turns out I was wrong. The line got all the way to 9.5 before coming back down.

Dementia 01-07-2007 10:38 PM

I'll look at superbooks stats on it.

Edit-okay, according to their "what is america betting on chart", 61% are on the Florida moneyline, 39% on Ohio State moneyline, 86% on over, 14% on under, 60% on Ohio States spread, 40% on Florida spread.

wheatrich 01-07-2007 10:39 PM

why would the smart $ go to Florida just because you think OSU is overrated? How are they overrated anyway? They're the undisputed #1 team in the nation and earned it. Sure they could lose this game/win a close one but it's not like anyone really is going around saying UF will win by 21 either.

Penn State beat Tennessee (who UF only beat by one) why wouldn't the smart money go straight to OSU after that using your logic?

If any one game that neither team in the game played in is influencing your betting habits--you probably shouldn't ever bet because I don't think you can be a winner.

Thremp 01-07-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would the smart $ go to Florida just because you think OSU is overrated? How are they overrated anyway? They're the undisputed #1 team in the nation and earned it. Sure they could lose this game/win a close one but it's not like anyone really is going around saying UF will win by 21 either.

Penn State beat Tennessee (who UF only beat by one) why wouldn't the smart money go straight to OSU after that using your logic?

If any one game that neither team in the game played in is influencing your betting habits--you probably shouldn't ever bet because I don't think you can be a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in the wrong forum. Sporting Events is somewhere else.

FeltBelt 01-07-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe instead of being a flaming dick, you could discuss things rationally, kthx.

rush66 01-07-2007 11:55 PM

From what I can tell is that the smart money is coming in on florida. On the spread at least. For reasons I am not smart enough to elaborate on Im sure.

The X-Factor 01-08-2007 12:38 AM

tOSU will win in a blowout.

MCS 01-08-2007 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I can tell is that the smart money is coming in on florida. On the spread at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

On what are you basing that? Just the line creep back to 7 over the past week or so?

rush66 01-08-2007 02:26 AM

Well, from looking at dementia's percentages and ones I am looking at. 64% on OSU spread, 61% on OSU ML, and 63% on OSU parlay. Yet, the line has dropped from 7.5 to 7. Take from that what you will.